<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lancashire 2 - 4 Manchester

January 13 2008 at 9:01 PM
Rick 

Entertaining finish. Mcr 3-0 in front after one. Pegged back to 2-3 with six minutes left after a match pen to Ric Hughes (didn't see what he got called for) and Az poked home the insurance with 2 mins left.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
simon

lancashire 2 4 manchester

January 14 2008, 12:04 PM 

from a manchester fan came over to watch the game at blackburn last night and wat a dissapointment to u phoenix some of u were just bullies and wats all that about the tonge gestures some of u need to grow up prompt . raptors didnt rise to your bait and were the better team. GET A GRIP MANCHESTER rant over

Respond to this message   
superman

Re: lancashire 2 4 manchester

January 14 2008, 12:39 PM 

Blow it out your ar$e simon, I'm sick and tired of hereing all the excuses under the sun about why a team lost, Raptors are a crap team full of dirty little cheap shot babies who cry off the ice and hide behind the coach and fans when the game gets tough. Ice hockey is a physical sport and for everyone that is offended by this p!ss off and watch a soft friendly sport like football, or golf.
As for the Raptors Fans (mummy and daddy)....... forget it I'm not going to go on about you sad losers on this site.

Manchester won because they are a better team than the Raptors end of. We scored more, you didn't.

Grow up.

Respond to this message   
MARY

January 14 2008, 1:47 PM 

SUPERMAN

WITH A REPLY LIKE THAT TO ONE OF YOUR OWN FANS I THINK IT IS YOU THAT NEEDS TO GROW UP

Respond to this message   
Rick

January 14 2008, 1:47 PM 

Simon - Text speak is frowned on on here and your use of it hasn't helped me understand wot (!) you were trying to get at.

It's a shame you couldn't enjoy last night's game as I think most did. There was an experienced ref in control last night (Emerson ?) who'd have spotted any over the top nonsense. I didn't see what Ric got sent off for but I'd rely on that ref getting it right.

It's also a shame that you can't acknowledge that Manchester were worthy winners overall though the win came after being on the rack in the last period. Actual winners for the weekend were obviously Manchester but credit to Raptors for keeping it close especially last night. They are certainly achieving above their expected level this season whereas it would be fair to say Manchester aren't (yet) when you look at the line up.

Respond to this message   
MARY

January 14 2008, 1:54 PM 

RICK

As you just stated in your last post WHY are manchester very much under acvieving?
I cant understand it myself along with many others, after all they do have plenty talent and experiance on the team so what is wrong?

Respond to this message   
simon

lanchashire 2 4 manchester

January 14 2008, 1:49 PM 

up yours superman u just didnt get my point like i said i am a manchester fan u grow up

Respond to this message   
Rick

Re: lanchashire 2 4 manchester

January 14 2008, 1:53 PM 

Any more pointless posts will be deleted as you've both said what you wanted.

Respond to this message   
Confused

Simon

January 14 2008, 2:19 PM 

You sound like a Raptors fan claiming to be Manchester fan to me.

Raptors did play well in the 3rd but as the scoreline shows they were NOT the best team on the night.

Admittedly there were some discipline issues that I am sure would not have happened had Nipper been there but I think the fella who ran the bench did a good job and seemed to be in control.

I think calling a time out when he did was a good idea as it took the momentum out of the game and therefore relieved any pressure.

Overall it was an exciting game to watch and had good entertainment value which is what the supporters like.

Respond to this message   
Rick

Last night

January 14 2008, 2:26 PM 

'I think calling a time out when he did was a good idea as it took the momentum out of the game and therefore relieved any pressure.'

Spot on - a really well timed call by Hobbo. (it was just after Az's goal with 2 mins left)

Respond to this message   
Superman

January 14 2008, 6:21 PM 

Sorry for offending you Simon, but I'm a Manchester Fan and get really angry when the lads win a game and still get put down for all sorts.
Soz angain to all.

Respond to this message   
Andy

January 14 2008, 8:56 PM 

I watched both games from a Raptors perspective at the weekend, but I'll try to be impartial as I just like watching hockey and have been to watch the Phoenix Elite, Hawks & Raptors in equal measure this season.

There is no doubt in my mind that Phoenix ENL were the better team in both matches and deserved their wins, just as the Raptors deserved to score their goals for their sheer determination, persistence and work rate.

The Phoenix ENL team plays like all teams coached by Nipper, they are fast, tenacious and physical, which shouldn't be regarded as a criticism, Hockey is a contact sport and Manchester (as did Altrincham) play within the boundaries of the game. Occasionally errors are made and the occasional hit is late/high etc but that is just a consequence of playing to the limits of the rules, and when the officials see it they punish it, end of. The Raptors are a young team, inexperienced at senior level and are still developing and they will lose most physical challenges, but I didn't see any of them complaining, they just got up and carried on which is to their credit and also their coaches credit.

There were one or 2 incidents over the 2 games that caused raised eyebrows (I don't rant and shout at officials and players), I thought the 2 of the 3 Match penalties in the first game were harsh, and even the incident with the NM hi-sticking one of the Manchester players was more accidental than deliberate, but stitches were required so maybe that one is justified.

I'm still not sure what happened in the 2nd game to warrant a Game penalty however I think that the player that threatened to throw his stick at the spectators might like to have that moment back so he could have left the game with some dignity, I don't think I've ever been to a game where the opposition in the penalty box don't get some taunting, it's part of the game, so players should be used to it.

Is Manchester 'underachieving' ?, it's surely too soon to say, it's their first season back together, wait until the end of the season before you decide, and even then wait for next season when you will have some of your talented U18's coming through as well.

Overall I enjoyed the hockey I watched at both games, and thought that both teams were value for money, and look forward to what remains of the season.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement