<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Walter Bayliss

April 27 2009 at 7:20 PM
Keith Purvis 

I'm sorry to have to report that Nippers father, Walter, passed away in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Older members of the hockey crowd will remember Walter as a frequent visitor to the old rink, more often than not with camera in hand. Walter was an accomplished photographer and his shots were regularly seen in the Ice Hockey News Review and all the other hockey magazines that have been published over the years.

We are working on the funeral arrangements now and I will post details as soon as they are available, it would be nice to see a representation from the hockey world.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mary

Re: Walter Bayliss

April 27 2009, 11:25 PM 

very sad news
would just like to say our thoughts our with the family at this sad time

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 28 2009, 2:16 PM 

We are really sorry and stunned, Paul.
Walter was a gentleman in all senses of the word.

My abiding memory is at Birk's Falls, South River, on one of the junior trips to Orillia, as he explained apertures, shutter speeds and 'stops' (whatever they are) over and over so that snow wouldn't come out yellow on my snaps (as opposed to his Photographs). It didn't work. I never could take it in. And he didn't swear. Not once.

This isn't original, but it's succinct and everso true:

Sadly missed. Fondly remembered.

Jamie, Audrey and Ian Rogerson.

Respond to this message   
Rick

April 29 2009, 4:40 PM 

Sad news. My condolences too to Nipper and his family.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement