<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Legends Game

August 11 2009 at 7:46 PM
Keith Purvis 

Nipper promised me that he was going to post a message asking all those "past" Aces/Mets players who wanted to play in this game to make contact with me so I can sort out numbers etc.

For those who do not know the details:

Practise - Sunday 16th and 23rd from 6.15 until 7.30pm

Game Sunday 30th - Warm up 4.45 - 5.00pm then Face off at 5.15pm

Can everyone who is planning on playing - other than "current" players - find a way to let me know and confirm they are available on those dates/times, postions played etc.

Many thanks

Keith

ps And can all those who do not intend to play make sure they come down on the night for a good laugh !

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick

Re: Legends Game

August 30 2009, 9:53 PM 

Blacks 8 Whites 6

Thanks to all involved for playing in/arranging etc.

Great to see so many hadn't lost their old skills despite the impact of time/ old age!

Respond to this message   
Gerry Attrick

Re: Legends Game

August 31 2009, 12:28 PM 

I'd like to add my thanks to all who turned up and played; and all those who came to watch a very entertaining and skilled game. It's a relief that it all went as well as it appeared to. Apart from the lack of music. Thanks to Vern and the rink for getting the sound on and providing music during the re-surface.

Particular thanks to The Inimitable Les Heighway who reffed the whole thing all on his own. And all done on Powerade!

A mention for the children from the Children's Adventure Farm Trust who came to the game and came down to Shoot the Puck at the second interval..... It was a priviedge to be there when a goal was scored. I hope to see them again when I am a bit more relaxed.
Please keep your eye on the Phoenix website for how much you were able to raise for the Children's Adventure Farm Trust. I've not been able to finalise it just yet.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement