<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Benjamin Reeve ever a alty goalie??

October 22 2009 at 8:15 PM
keeper 

Does anyone know if Benjamin Reeve brother of Christopher Reeve ever played goalie for an Alty team about 20 years ago??

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick

Re: Benjamin Reeve ever a alty goalie??

October 22 2009, 11:07 PM 

Jeff Johnson was Aces goalie for a couple of years in the early 80s - I think he was CR's half brother.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Benjamin Reeve ever a alty goalie??

October 23 2009, 1:47 PM 

Thats seems right looking at his biog, thanks rick

Respond to this message   
Joel Greenberg

Benjamin Reeve

October 30 2009, 11:09 AM 

I played goal for the Aces in the early 70s. Two other players, Stan Windross and Bruce Beattie had Canadian hamburger shops around Manchester and as a starving student, I worked for them, cooking hambyrgers and steaks late into the night. I recall Benjamin Reeve working in the Burton Road Shop and one Christopher Reeve walking in one day and asking for him. I think he had already made at least one Superman film by then but being famous hockey players, we weren't impressed. Don't remember his brother playing hockey though.

Respond to this message   
Bayliss

Jeff Johnson

October 30 2009, 8:22 PM 

I played with Jeff played for 2 seasons at Alty. He worked in Stans shop in Chorlton, The Canadian Charcoal Pit, flipping burgers. I know that Chris Reeves came to at least one of the hockey games we played in, which was in Richmond, London. Jeffs father came over a number of times to spend sometime with Jeff. He even joined in a five a side footie game with some of the lads. I am pretty much certain that Chris never came to Manchester to visit.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement