<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

50 years since first game in Altrincham

February 4 2011 at 6:41 PM
Rick 

The Altrincham Aces first appeared on the British ice hockey scene on 4 February 1961, a large home crowd of 2500 witnessing a 9-5 defeat by the Glasgow Flyers. British ice hockey had just seen the failure of the British League and ice hockey survived in several tournaments or series of challenge matches. The team put together by rink manager, Ken Bailey, in the early years included some of the best players in the country including Canadians Chick Zamick (a Nottingham Panthers legend) and Art Hodgins (the Aces first player-coach) (both are now in the British Ice Hockey Hall of Fame) and GB players Terry Matthews (also a Hall of Famer), Dave Lammin, Derek Metcalfe, Ian Forbes, Sam McDonald, Bert Smith, Mike Jordan and Ian Dobson.

http://www.altrinchamaces.co.uk/history.htm

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Russ Drakeley

Re: 50 years since first game in Altrincham

February 22 2011, 10:24 AM 

Hi Rick. I'm doing next week's Metros programme (26th Feb) and would like to use some of this for the "Nippers Notes" page - the introductory piece on page 2. I would of course acknowledge you as the source and link it back to the Ace's site. Is this okay with you? Is there some way I can get a copy of the finished programme over to you?

Thanks,

Russ

Respond to this message   
Tom M

February 22 2011, 2:08 PM 

I'm also going to use a few sections from the article in the e-zine if that's ok? Acknowledged of course!

Respond to this message   
Rick

February 23 2011, 1:00 AM 

Happy for you both to use bits as requested.

Russ - have just seen your email, you can send the copy through to the webmaster email address

Respond to this message   

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement