Subscribe to TheLongHairLoom
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Please visit Sticks and Stones Hairsticks The best place for totally custom sticks!!
Enter a long URL to make tiny:
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Butterfly clip braid...

May 27 2003 at 4:54 AM

(Premier Login pictures)
Forum Owner

After someone requested directions for this I thought I would give it a try. I do not have many mini-clips, so this is not a very good example! You can add smaller sections of hair to get a more caged look. The same idea applies, simply use less hair and less spacing. In these pictures, I used to big of a gap between the top clip and the next, but really... you can make this work any way you like. My sister likes to do only two clips, one in the center of the head, and one at ear level, leaving the rest of the hair loose. This looks nice if you have "mermaid" hair (slept on multi braids).

This is the simplified version. - Gather a small section of hair at the center front part of your hair.

For fullness, push forward, then clip in place.

Gather two small sections from the outer sides of your hair.

Bring them together at the center of your hair and clip in place.

Continue using the same pattern, grabbing hair from the outermost parts of your hair on each side.

Bring them together and secure with clip. As you go down, you may need to lift your hair outward and upward to clip in place better.

Once you have completed the amounts of sections you'd like to add. Check your hair in the mirror to be sure that all of your clips are centered. Move any that might be out of line.

A messy version of "The Butterfly Clip Braid"

-Fox

17/33/35+ - Bangs at 15 inches - Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), light brown with gold and red highlights. To see more pictures, click on the gallery link found here:

Just Fox...

You can also find me here: The Long Hair Loom

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:

Aubrey Organics S&C
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)
MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
-Roni
(Login -Roni)

Too-too cute! n/m

May 27 2003, 8:35 AM 

n/m

-Roni

17/23/25 (first goal)dark brown 2b/3b

Respond to this message   
Neil
(Login NeilA)

Fox, your styles are great because.....

May 28 2003, 1:52 AM 

they are ones that the ladies can learn to do on their own hair, like training seminars. I have some I would like to show, but have not met with any of my clients for awhile to be able to take pics. I suppose I could demonstrate them on mannequins.

Thanks for your efforts. Love seeing your styles.

Neil

Respond to this message   

(Login thinkfirst)

We tried it......

May 28 2003, 5:25 PM 

LisaJaney did this on me. Thanks LJ!

19/29/32

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login pictures)
Forum Owner

Good job!

May 29 2003, 1:20 AM 

You two did great! It's so fun to see others trying these styles.

Thanks so much for sharing the picture and your success!

-Fox

17/33/35+ - Bangs at 15 inches - Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), light brown with gold and red highlights. To see more pictures, click on the gallery link found here:

Just Fox...

You can also find me here: The Long Hair Loom

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:

Aubrey Organics S&C
Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
Wood and Horn combs

Respond to this message   
Luthien_Inwe
(Login Luthien_Inwe)

Thanks!

May 7 2006, 10:49 AM 

I've tried this out before, but without the small front part you suggested. After having read your instructions I immediately tried it, and it turned out that front strand twirled and clipped back was exactly what had been missing until now. This looks just great! And it's also very suitable for my hair length (breast). I'll rush to buy new ravishing hairclips first thing tomorrow Thanks a lot!

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login pictures)
Forum Owner

You are very welcome!

May 7 2006, 5:21 PM 

I'm glad the style works for you! Go find some pretty clips and enjoy the new style!

-Fox

Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/39/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here: Forever Fox

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Butterfly clip braid...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Special thanks to: Pure Elegance for backgrounds on our discussion board pages!