Subscribe to TheLongHairLoom
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Please visit Sticks and Stones Hairsticks The best place for totally custom sticks!!
Enter a long URL to make tiny:
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hairstick questions...

August 11 2013 at 12:13 AM
Becca  (Login rebham)

I just received a lovely pair of hairsticks from Fox. They are gorgeous, but I have a few questions about them. First of all, they are wood sticks with a covering of black enamel and i have heard that you cannot put wood sticks into wet hair. Is this true? If so, is there any way to waterproof the sticks? On a somewhat different note, is it safe to put wooden hair sticks into hair with oil in it (I use olive oil)?

This message has been edited by rebham on Aug 11, 2013 11:13 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ohtawen
(Login ohtawen)

Re: Hairstick questions...

August 13 2013, 5:28 PM 

Sorry about my tardy reply. But to get to your question - true, it's not recommended to secure wet hair with wooden sticks, but there's a factor I know nothing about, and that's the enamel. If we knew the chemical composition of the enamel, we could know if it makes the sticks waterproof or not. But to be on the safe side, I wouldn't use the sticks in wet hair.
However, wood likes oil, so there's no problem when it comes to securing oiled hair in a bun.

A propos materials you could use in wet hair - I have heard that dymondwood is waterproof. So are bone and metal, so you could try and find sticks from those materials and use them for holding up damp/wet hair.

linengold.jpg

do%20siggy.JPG

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Special thanks to: Pure Elegance for backgrounds on our discussion board pages!