Defence Forum
Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints

Return to Index  

Re: pakistan's hope

April 5 2012 at 2:06 AM

Coalde  (Login coalde_one)

Response to pakistan's hope

"a) do you confirm that USA had no role in the current government led by Asif Zadari being installed? "

Elections were held within three weeks after the departure of Musharraf.[105] Zardari vowed to pursue an unpopular campaign against tribal militancy in Pakistan and had the support of the United States.[105][106][107] He claimed he had a London business school degree to satisfy a prerequisite for the presidency, but his party did not produce a certificate.[108] He was endorsed by the PPP and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) for the presidency.[109] The PML-N nominated former justice Saeed-uz-Zaman Siddiqui, while the PML-Q put forth Mushahid Hussain Sayed.[110][111] Zardari won a majority in the electoral college with 481 of 702 votes.[election 1][105][111][112][113] He was elected President on 6 September 2008.[election 2][114]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asif_Ali_Zardari#Rise_to_Presidency
So what you are saying Prado is that most Pakistani lawmakers are cheap and corrupt prostitutes, as they elected him....
Mr. Zardari is expected to secure a comfortable victory in Saturday's presidential election from Pakistani lawmakers who vote in an electoral college. (There is no general election.) The other candidates are a retired judge, Saeeduz Zaman Siddique, and Mushahid Hussain, a leader of a party that supported Mr. Musharraf.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122058073564902483.html
...now going through all that, I didn't see any reference to Pakistani electoral college votes or vetoes by the US Ambassador to Pakistan, the US President or any US citizen. But please enlighten me if I missed something. And since these cheap prostitutes...err, Pakistani lawmakers are elected in elections by a popular vote of the Pakistani people, you are in effect accusing all Pakistani's of being ignorant, self-serving and unpatriotic.

Now beyond me giving a civics lesson in Pakistani electoral procedure to a heroic Pakistani...who instead of staying in his country and attempting to make it a better place, ran off for the exciting and lucrative life of an Arab toilet cleaner (Tell me Prado, can you tell when your Arab masters haven't been following that no pork silliness of Islam?), let me also point out to you why your question is wholly irrelevant...

1) Pakistan has been knowingly harboring wanted terrorists since somewhere around September 12th, 2001, and OBL in particular since early 2002, long before Mr. Zardari got anywhere near the Presidential Palace.
2) Everyone older than 10 knows that the real power in Pakistan lies with the wholly unelected Armed Forces and in particular the ISI.

[Cyberwar Central]

"Come out from man foul spirit.
What is thy name?"
And he said unto him,
"Our name is legion, for we are many."
Gospel of Mark, 5 - 8
[linked image]
Patriotism is your conviction
that your country is
superior to all others because
you were born in it.
George Bernard Shaw