Greece & Turkey Defence Forum Europe, Middle East & Africa
Defence Forum
Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Alleged Bangladeshi hackers "leak" information about Indian Navy officers

March 14 2012 at 12:25 PM

(Login cwc.mgmt)

Amazing how the media is trying to call Google searching 'hacking' now...
By Manan Kakkar | February 23, 2012, 8:54pm PST

Summary: Pranksters with skills to Google upload already public information to PasteBin calling it a hack and threaten the Indian government.

As I sit in my labs trying to finish some of my pending drafts, my friend @BlogsDNA tipped me about a hack. According to information uploaded on PasteBin, hackers from Bangladesh got hold of personal information about some Indian Naval officers. In bold claims, the Paste Bin dump calls this a demo for the Indian government. My first reaction was, Oh crap! Then I decided to search.

It turns out this information was already public. Moreover, the details leaked are of retired naval officers in Mumbai. The Indian Navy has charters across the country for those who have been part of the Indian navy;..."
...the remainder of the story and some useful advice about monitoring your online presence is available at Cyberwar Central.

[Cyberwar Central Links & Resources][Cyberwar Central][Cyberwar Central Members Area]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Alleged Bangladeshi hackers "leak" information about Indian Navy officers  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]