[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]

[linked image]

This one is said to be a 3D National radar:

[linked image]

[linked image]

THE WORLD IS A BRIDGE, CROSS IT, BUT BUILD NO HOUSE UPON IT!
-------------------------------------------

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Hadi
(Login raghfarm)
The Anusiya (Iran)

Re: Iran put some of its radars on display

November 19 2010, 5:21 PM 

Very nice video on the radars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4oOIfxZLE&feature=player_embedded

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

arminkaza
(Login arminkaza)
The Anusiya (Iran)

November 20 2010, 4:48 AM 

what is the specification

Hadi
(Login raghfarm)
The Anusiya (Iran)

November 20 2010, 7:03 PM 

None provided.

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Coalde
(Login coalde)

November 20 2010, 7:10 PM 

Here is an interesting article from Australia regarding assessing Iranian air Defenses, with a section on radar. Note there are a lot good pictures in the article at the original source.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-NOTAM-170710-1.html

Reassessing Iran's Air Defences
Air Power Australia - Australia's Independent Defence Think Tank

Air Power Australia NOTAM
17th July, 2010

Dr Carlo Kopp, SMAIAA, MIEEE, PEng,
Head of Capability Analysis, Air Power Australia

Contacts: Carlo Kopp

Iran recently paraded a Russian built Nebo SVU counter-stealth radar system. Depicted is an NNIIRT 1L119 Nebo SVU VHF-band AESA radar demonstrator towed by a Ural 4320 6 x 6 tractor on display in deployed configuration (Image © Miroslav Gyrösi).

Ongoing disagreements between the Western alliance and Iran over that nation's illicit nuclear materials program have fuelled considerable speculation in recent weeks over the possibility of Israeli or US led air strikes against Iran's nuclear industrial base. Should this outcome arise, attacking aircraft will have to overcome a disparate but rapidly modernising Integrated Air Defence System (IADS).

Performing accurate assessments of Iran's military capabilities is always challenging, as Iran is a closed society run by an Islamo-fascist regime, itself dominated by a theocratic leadership, and its military arm, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). This arrangement is in many key respects modelled on the 1940s Nazi state, where the regime maintained its own private military force (the Waffen SS) to make military coups against the regime difficult, if not impossible.

Air Power Australia has published two assessments of Iran's air defence system since 2007, one exploring the technology used in Iran's IADS, the other the deployment of strategic SAM systems and their achievable coverage. Neither assessment has credited Iran with an effective capability, and for good reasons, as much of Iran's inventory of radar equipment and SAMs qualifies as obsolete by contemporary standards [1], [2].

Three SAM types provide primary area defence coverage:

1. The Russian supplied Almaz S-200VE Vega / SA-5B Gammon long range SAM, with a range of up to 200 nautical miles against high flying targets;
2. The Chinese supplied HQ-2 Sayyad / CSA-1 or 2 Guideline medium range SAM, with a range of around 30 nautical miles;
3. The US supplied Raytheon MIM-23 Hawk tactical SAM, kept operational and modified since the fall of the Shah in 1979, with a range of around 15 nautical miles.

Claims have emerged that Iran has reverse engineered the Hawk and is manufacturing components or systems. Similar claims have also emerged around the Chinese supplied SA-2 Guideline. Reports of unspecified upgrades to the Russian supplied SA-5 Gammons also exist. No good open source validation has emerged as yet for any of these claims, as a result of which assessments are limited to close in and overhead image interpretation, which cannot usually help in assessing improvements to guidance and internal electronic components, such as missile seekers and datalinks.

A wide range of possibilities exists, in terms of technology upgrades available for the S-200VE Vega / SA-5B Gammon, the HQ-2 Sayyad / CSA-1/2 Guideline, and sufficient basic technology exists in the global market to effect numerous upgrades to the MIM-23B Hawk. While the latter would involve considerable indigenous engineering effort, as suggested by Iranian media claims around the Mersad system, upgrades to the original Soviet SAM systems and supporting radars are widely available, with offerings from Russia, Belarus, the Ukraine, Serbia and other nations now available in the market.

The basic S-200VE Vega / SA-5B Gammon and HQ-2 Sayyad / CSA-1/2 Guideline have been wholly compromised since the end of the Cold War, as a result of which highly effective electronic countermeasures techniques exist against the radar equipment employed in both. The original analogue SNR/RSNA-75 Fan Song, SJ-202 Gin Sling and 5N62 Square Pair cannot compete against contemporary Digital RF Memory (DRFM) jammer technology, whether used in self protection systems, or support jamming systems.

The same is not necessarily true of any digital rebuilds which may have been applied to the engagement radars and in the instance of the CWSARH S-200VE Vega / SA-5B Gammon and Mersad, also the missile terminal seekers. Upgrades produced in Belarus for instance incorporate fully digital signal and data processing, modern ECCM features, and jam resistant frequency hopping waveforms, as well as non-coherent emitting decoys [3].

Another possibility, for which no evidence exists to date, is that of hybridisation of these legacy SAMs, using foreign supplied engagement radars, such as the Chinese H-200 space feed PESA.

Given the absence of public disclosure policy in most potential suppliers of such upgrades, covert intelligence collection may be the only way to determine if the claimed upgrades are real or no more than artefacts of Iran's very active propaganda machine.

Iran's Mersad SAM system appears to be a reverse engineered derivative of the MIM-23B Hawk which was the principal SAM operated by Iran before the fall of the Shah, Reza Pahlavi. The system appears to use a largely new package of radar equipment, although the TV tracker equipped CW illuminator resembles the original X-band AN/MPQ-46 HPIR design (left). The acquisition radar also closely resembles the AN/MPQ-50 PAR design (below). Details of other system components have not been disclosed to date.

Most of the recent media coverage surrounding Iran's SAM capabilities has centred on the long delayed delivery of a several batteries of Russian built Almaz S-300PMU1 / SA-20A Gargoyle SAM systems. This SAM system is the export configuration of the late Soviet era S-300PM, the first digital variant of the S-300P series, but lacking the longer ranging radars, missiles and more sophisticated battery networking of the later S-300PMU2 Favorit exported in large numbers to China. Nevertheless, the S-300PMU1 is a formidable SAM system, comparable to earlier variants of the Raytheon MIM-104 Patriot, but with much better mobility and thus survivability under air attack. To date no Western air force has fought against the S-300P series SAM system [4].

On the 9th June, 2010, the UN Security council voted to upgrade the sanctions regime against Tehran, as a result of which the Russians are now unlikely to proceed with the delivery of these systems to Iran. Official statements by the Russians since then have been interpreted and re-interpreted in the Western, Russian, Israeli and Iranian media. Israeli sources have cited the Russian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Andrei Denisov, as claiming Moscow believes that the sanctions resolution clearly forbids the sale of the S-300 system to Iran.

Since late June, Iranian media have been actively denouncing Russia's reluctance to complete the deal, with claims that Russia had already been paid for the SAMs. In late June, Iran's Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi was quoted in the Tehran Times, claiming that Iran would manufacture its own long range SAM systems - a claim not unlike Iran's public declaration during the 1980s, that it would design and build its own replacement for US supplied Grumman F-14A Tomcat fighters.

Earlier claims had emerged that Iran would procure the very similar, but newer in electronic hardware design, Chinese built HQ-9 SAM system. To date no evidence has emerged that the Chinese have been receptive to this idea China has been very actively marketing the HQ-9 internationally, since last year, but would confront serious international political challenges in exporting this system to Iran.

From an analytical perspective, much more interesting than the S-300PMU1

[LINKED IMAGE]"That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die."
The Call of Cthulu, H.P. Lovecraft
[LINKED IMAGE]

WAFFer
(Login Persian_revenge)

November 21 2010, 12:16 PM 

No offense but I gave up reading after the first paragraph. I take it as an insult that a godforsaken Island like Australia that is neither known for it covert intelligence gathering nor for its expertise in Mid-East could even consider commenting on Iran's deterrance capabilities.

Hadi
(Login raghfarm)
The Anusiya (Iran)

November 21 2010, 5:34 PM 

Come on, it's Arse-tralia... if a country of convicts isn't going to know about radars, then who will?!!

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Coalde
(Login coalde)

November 21 2010, 6:20 PM 

Oh come on the TuAF or the HAF could wipe out Iranian air defences in a short afternoon. This stuff is all bought off shelf from other countries...indigenously Iranian developed air defences being slightly more effective than the NERF gun on my desk against any sort of air force using anything that moves faster than Fokker DR.I.

Of course this all stems from the fact that more scientific texts are translated into Greek (12M) every year than into Persian (31M)...with the works being translated into Persian being primarily aimed at how to correctly accessorize a suicide vest from a fashion perspective (I am guessing you fairies are concerned that you are worried that you are wearing the correct shade of eye shadow for your meeting with Allah).

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.

George Bernard Shaw

This message has been edited by coalde on Nov 21, 2010 7:51 PM

WAFFer
(Login Persian_revenge)

November 21 2010, 7:07 PM 

Now our maple syrup expert all of a sudden became an expert on Iran too.

I like to see our semi-colony Canadian provide us with some kind of proof of an Iranian being a suicide bomber.

Coalde
(Login coalde)

November 21 2010, 7:32 PM 

@PR

Right after you provide some evidence for your opinions regarding Australia...I suggest you crawl back under whatever rock you came from and leave the military discussions to the adults you pathetic troll.

@Hadi

Can you provide some details as to what is being shown in the pictures?

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.

George Bernard Shaw

This message has been edited by coalde on Nov 21, 2010 7:33 PM

WAFFer
(Login SargeAUS)

November 22 2010, 1:16 AM 

Air Power Australia are just a bunch of discredited crackpots who think that Australia should tailor the Defence Force around protecting the North West Shelf from incursions by India's and China's non-existent fleets of Backfires by upgrading 40 year old F-111s with F-119 engines and APG-77 radars. I wouldn't trust them to give me the time of day let alone an opinion on radars.

Hadi
(Login raghfarm)
The Anusiya (Iran)

November 22 2010, 2:42 AM 

coalde, I can provide you with some info on the radars, but Im a little busy with choosing the cloure for my suicude vest. Not sure what shade of red to choose.
Im haveing a date with my Allah you see, but not before I see you Jesus first, so I have to look fab...
Sorry for not having time to waste on you...

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login Combat_Master)
The Redcoats (UK)

November 22 2010, 5:22 AM 

Iran should sign a defense cooperation pact, get you guys up to date with radars. And you can give us some ballistic missile tech happy.gif

[linked image]
Pardus... For Freedom...

Coalde
(Login coalde)

November 22 2010, 5:25 AM 

"Sorry for not having time to waste on you..."

Well Hadi you keep coming here to post sh*t...sorry I keep forgetting that Iranians are children who can't really handle discussing things and in instead prefer to just look a pictures of ATV's with camo paint and dune buggies with small calibre gatling guns (while pretending that these are viable weapons systems for a nation state to protect it's borders with).

"Im haveing a date with my Allah you see, but not before I see you Jesus first, so I have to look fab... "

Well I am an atheist so I suspect I won't be seeing Jesus anytime soon...when atheists die we just become worm food...much like you religious people...

Since you and PR seem to be incapable of having any sort of discussion surrounding military matters with any WAFFer not pretending, which is funny since both of you are about as Iranian as Freya, may I suggest this message board for you...

http://forumus.sanriotown.com/scripts/mb2/mb2.cgi?rm=main

...seems to be more yours and PR's speed.

George Bernard Shaw

This message has been edited by coalde on Nov 22, 2010 5:42 AM

WAFFer
(Login ironmanx)
WAFFer

November 22 2010, 6:55 AM 

Raghfarm,Just Ignore this Idiot above. I am not even reading what he types. His attention whoring *** gives me headaches when I try to read and understand where he is coming from. I think its just his way of saying "Can I please suck your dick?"

Cizerim
(Login Cizerim)

November 22 2010, 7:58 AM 

"None provided."

Hmmmmmm.......

[linked image]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CArYd1b6Ztg
(Nice...really nice cans)

Hadi
(Login raghfarm)
The Anusiya (Iran)

November 22 2010, 11:24 AM 

Coalde, let me get this right....

When you said: "Persian being primarily aimed at how to correctly accessorize a suicide vest from a fashion perspective (I am guessing you fairies are concerned that you are worried that you are wearing the correct shade of eye shadow for your meeting with Allah)."

That was your attempt to have a serioues military conversation?!!
I see...

And you say it's us who are incapable of having a serioues conversation?!!

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

AAAAA- Provost
(Login MPOne)
WAFFer.

November 22 2010, 11:48 AM 

coalde, I can provide you with some info on the radars, but Im a little busy with choosing the cloure for my suicude vest. Not sure what shade of red to choose.

May I recommend scarlet? I think you'll be happy with that color.

Raghfarm,Just Ignore this Idiot above. I am not even reading what he types. His attention whoring *** gives me headaches when I try to read and understand where he is coming from. I think its just his way of saying "Can I please suck your dick?"

Iron, your obsession with homosexuality is really getting old. Why don't you seek a homosexual forum to frequent?

Some people are suffering from lack of work, some from lack of water, many more from lack of wisdom.

Calvin Coolidge

Sheogorath
(Login Sheogorath)
Administrator

November 22 2010, 9:10 PM 

Well, then it is also possible that Coalde's NERF gun could have better accuracy then those dishes wink.gif Why is it you are so ashamed of ? Why don't disclose any info at all ? People less challenged then your lot intellectually might as well take this as a "not so confident" way of showing off.

Photobucket

WAFFer
(Login ironmanx)
WAFFer

November 22 2010, 9:22 PM 

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]
r -->