Defence Forum
Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ranked PKK commander killed by IRGC ops

September 7 2011 at 9:36 AM

WAFFer  (Login Serkan999)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has killed a ranking commander of the Party for Free Life of Kurdistan (PJAK) during the IRGC's continuing operations against the terrorist group in the country's northwest.

Majid Kavian, PJAK's deputy commander, was killed with shrapnel from tank fire on Saturday, IRNA quoted a statement by the terrorist group leader on Wednesday.

Kavian joined the terrorist group in 2003, four years after teaming up with the internationally-recognized terrorist group, the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which conducts deadly operations in western Iran, northern Iraq and southern Turkey.

The terrorist group launches its attacks from Iraq's Qandil Mountains in the areas under the control of Kurdistan Regional Government.

The PJAK and PKK had previously laid mines in Sardasht heights near Iran's border with Iraq.

The IRGC deployed 5,000 military forces in the northwest of the country along its common border with Iraq's Kurdistan, and has been fighting the PJAK terrorist group over the past weeks in order to establish security and stability in the area.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/197885.html

PJAK has lost a great of number of its positions, including tunnels and bunkers, to the IRGC.

GHN/HRF/MB

[linked image]

Adler
8/6/2011 11:46:53 AMAs a non Muslim German Student there are some facts that I know about Iran:- If Israel attack Iran it will be the beginning of an end for the Zionist regime.- If NATO (puppet of USrael) target Iran they have to count with the highest and biggest casualties ever!- And I know if I could get there I would fight for Iran

Respond to this message   

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]
r -->