In The Cage With Tigerpaws

Information about Edinburgh

Visitors since March 17, 2003.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Canes RBC cup bid 2013

January 25 2011 at 7:01 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login blaze_96)

As announced last week the Newmarket Hurricanes will be putting in a bid for the 2013 RBC Cup. Just wanted to hear some of your thoughts on this subject

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
bobbyclarke16
(Login bobbyclarke16)

Canes bid

No score for this post
January 26 2011, 12:36 PM 

I would love to see the RBC come to Ontario, but it has been the trend that the west supports the games better....I think Newmarket would get very solid support, but as I have read so many times on here most do nt think an OJHL team will get a bid. Thoughts..

aciguy
(Login aciguy)

Re: Canes bid

No score for this post
January 26 2011, 1:12 PM 

I too would love to see Newmarket get it, but I'll bet that Hockey Canada would prefer that the RBC be held in an OHL-type rink with boxes for the corporate sponsors and a bigger media booth to accomodate TSN.

They may need to spruce the arena up a little!

Either way, best of luck to their bid. It would be nice to have the RBC in our own backyard

ojhlfan
(Login ojhlfan)

Re: Canes bid

No score for this post
January 26 2011, 6:33 PM 

best of luck to the canes however kingston lost their bid to the rbc because they could not secure the k-rock centre for games.

newmarkets rink has a ton of seating but yes press boxes, etc will be an issue

best of luck to nmkt

Dave
(Login Wings4Life)

Re: Canes RBC cup bid 2013

No score for this post
January 26 2011, 7:02 PM 

Would be nice for once...Instead of it being out west every damn year..

Wayne Lewis
(Login wayjoy)

Re: Canes RBC cup bid 2013

No score for this post
January 26 2011, 7:38 PM 

I believe it was in Cornwall not too long ago.

Truth is, if OJHL teams want the RBC they are going to have to prove they can compete with West teams. The West's superiority with fewer teams, really has the upper hand.

IMO, OJHL teams should bid for the Dudley like Huntsville did this year. Sell this one to the OJHL fans. Show everybody you can run an important tournament complete with facilities. Then you might have laid the groundwork for winning your bid for an RBC.

Good luck Newmarket.

I can tell you this. Winning a trip to the RBC this year by winning the Frank Buckland won't be an easy task.

Just ask Wellingtton, Kingston, Oakville, Georgetown and Burlington.

If the Hurricanes can pull it off and win a national title might really improve the Hurricanes' chances of hosting in 2013.

We'll stay tuned.

Wayjoy

Estock
(Login Estock)

Canes

No score for this post
January 26 2011, 7:44 PM 

Newmarket hosted the Dudley 3 years ago and did a great job. That will bode well in their application for the RBC.

WEXDOG
(Login wexdog)

In Toronto

No score for this post
January 27 2011, 7:56 AM 

It would help to have a nice, newer arena I agree so how about trying to get the Ricoh Coliseum.
If they do not want to come south into the city, then try to secure the Barrie Molson Centre, OHL Colts home arena.

As far as competing with the West just Show the RBC the money !
A nice arena may lock it up, but it comes down to money.

Support Our Troops !

Go Leafs !
Go Jays !
Go Raptors !
Go Argos !
Go Rock !
Go TFC !
Go Nationals !

WEXDOG is a Cowboys Fan ! Next year.
Lest We Forget

Ron
(Login fillibuster)

Re: In Toronto

No score for this post
January 27 2011, 8:28 AM 

The attendances at Brampton for the RBC in 2006..boxes and all..ware horrible.

JB Bond
(Login JBBond)

Re: In Toronto

No score for this post
January 27 2011, 1:09 PM 

Doesn't the owner of the canes have a NHL size rink in his backyard.

Estock
(Login Estock)

Ron

No score for this post
January 27 2011, 1:16 PM 

I'm pretty sure there aren't any people involved with Newmarket that were part of the Brampton 2006 experience.

Anonymous
(Login walte)

Re: Ron

No score for this post
January 27 2011, 2:03 PM 

I heard the Mississauga Chargers are bidding for it to be held at Malton Arena.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please respect this forums guidelines, Network54's guidelines and your fellow participants.