In The Cage With Tigerpaws

Information about Edinburgh

Visitors since March 17, 2003.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Cobourg to host league showcase????

July 3 2011 at 3:34 PM
No score for this post
cchlounger  (Login cchlounger)

It appears that the 2011 OJHL Governor's Showcase will be held in Cobourg. If anybody has any other info, please feel free to pass it along.

Hopefully the league, in conjunction with the Cougars, do it right. Get the NCAA, CIS, etc, info out to the players. Make it a worthwhile weekend for players, scouts and fans!

As for the Battle of Ontario, either Kingston or Wellington would make the most sense as league hosts. Both are centrally located and draw well at the gate.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login ice_babygirl)

Re: Cobourg to host league showcase????

No score for this post
July 11 2011, 5:01 PM 

I drove by the new rink the other day when I was in Cobourg, looks great! Can't wait to check it out next season happy.gif Very exciting to be hosting the Showcase! I attended the past two years in the MJHL and it's always exciting for the players.

*go markham*

(Login fillibuster)

No score for this post
July 19 2011, 7:58 AM 

Sat. Oct.15 and Sun. Oct. 16..14 games..Cobourg plays two..I'm not sure which one will count in the standings. Should be a great weekend at the new facility.

(Login hardwork4reward)

No score for this post
July 19 2011, 9:39 AM 

unfornate that cobourg will be playing milton and toronto instead of going up against one of there division members which would be a more attracting game for fans in their area. but then again this will save the team travel

(Login fillibuster)

No score for this post
July 19 2011, 12:49 PM 

...and speaking of travel, the longest trip within Divisions are..

West- Georgetown to Buffalo approx. 155 km.

North- Huntsville to Orangeville/Markham, both around 220 km.

East- Kingston to Whitby approx. 200 km.

South- Pickering to Vaughan approx. 55km.

The East and North teams log by far the most travel miles (kms.)

(Login hardwork4reward)

No score for this post
July 19 2011, 1:59 PM 

i think the trip for kingston to lindsay would be longer than kingston having to drive to whitby

(Login fillibuster)

No score for this post
July 19 2011, 3:38 PM 

..you are correct it is 30 km. more...

Cougar2010
(Login Cougar2010)

GOVERNORS SHOWCASE PACKAGE

No score for this post
August 10 2011, 3:50 PM 

cchlounger
(Login cchlounger)

Re: GOVERNORS SHOWCASE PACKAGE

No score for this post
August 10 2011, 5:09 PM 

Cougar2010,

We have had our differences. With that said, the Cobourg Cougars deserve a heap of praise. The organization has done a tremendous job of promoting itself with its countless initiatives.

What a display! Well put together and made available to the public early enough to gain momentum.

The organization is doing everything it possibly can to make the Cougars a model franchise. They get it!

I sure hope the on ice product can come close to matching the work done by the marketing department.

The showcase weekend hasn't even happened yet, but, it's already more of a success than the debacle in Aurora last year......or the Dudley in Huntsville!

Cougar2010
(Login Cougar2010)

Showcase Weekend

No score for this post
August 10 2011, 5:16 PM 

happy.gif Thanks Lounger ... we are really trying to be a model franchise. I think you are going to be quite pleasantly surprised with the roster as well this year ... keeping somewhat quiet on that subject but check out the press releases on cobourgcougars.com for the latest signings happy.gif

Current Topic - Cobourg to host league showcase????
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please respect this forums guidelines, Network54's guidelines and your fellow participants.