In The Cage With Tigerpaws

Information about Edinburgh

Visitors since March 17, 2003.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Teams That Need Change

November 7 2011 at 9:22 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login highfader)

While some teams had no expectations of doing well this year...Milton, Brampton, Mississauga, Pickering, North York, Peterborough possibly....several teams with nice rosters are just not performing. Its time for a shakeup for these teams or they can write 2012 off

#1 Huntsville

69 gf, 78 ga with a very strong roster of players. Is there any question Salmon and Son are way in over their head ? The five games I've seen have looked more like up tempo scrimmages from the flubbering Otters. Look for them to pack it up after this year if they dont make a change.

#2 Aurora

with a .600 record you may ask why they are on this list ? simple....two owners sons play on the team and they paid big money two years ago to bring JR in to win another Dudley. They put big $$$ in to the program to get players they want.

#3 Hamilton

This is a much better team than .474...they have a very good roster and money to burn, the question is now that jr sr has picked up his scholy and im sure jr jr has schools standing in line....is there enough interest from ownership to keep tossing $$$ in? My prediction is no and it may be last year of jr a in steeltown.

#4 Peterborough

Theres decent talent here, not great but decent. Disappointing after last years performance.

#5 Orangeville

The roster is not great, top players are Jr C calibre...BUT the previous Villanova management should know what it takes to be competitive in this league. They way overestimated the value of being in Orangeville with a small player pool and below average coaching. Why not Collingwood where they would have had fans at least ?

NOTES: TEAMS NOT ON THIS LIST

Burlington - the ugly little brother of Hamilton and Oakville, they take the castoff players and do best they can with half the $$$$

Kingston - my pre season predictions had them middle pack at best, budget slashed in half nuff said

Vaughan - dissapointing after last year where they arguably had the most underrated roster in the league, BUT they history has shown they're a 500 team at best and they are back to that

Lindsay - this is an average roster at best, to be expected

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Northscout
(Login Northscout)

Teams that need change

No score for this post
November 7 2011, 2:57 PM 

Highfader

As if you drive around and watch all these teams, you are for sure just a disgruntled parent, I can't believe your kid got cut from all these teams.

Anonymous
(Login highfader)

Re: Teams that need change

No score for this post
November 7 2011, 5:36 PM 

Lol nope my kid played mostly Jr b, one yr Jr a, nows on to D3 school....only looking at rosters as know most these top kids pretty well over the yrs

Anonymous
(Login superjr)

Re: Teams that need change

No score for this post
November 7 2011, 5:53 PM 

I agree,Orangeville was a mistake. Collingwood would have been great.Fans are just not there in Orangeville BUT maybe they can grow it.Problem with Collingwood is travel.Same issue with Hunstville. Great Town but the travel costs will kill them.

All City teams need to merge,move or dissolve. No Fans, no money . The odd team like ST.MIKES can do it but that's about it.

Mississauga,Brampton,Lakeshore,Junior Canadiens,Pickering- just will not work

Milton can grow FANS and has already done better than last season on the ice.

Dave
(Login Wings4Life)

Re: Teams That Need Change

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 10:03 AM 

Last year of Hockey in Hamilton? Sure, you keep thinking that.

Anonymous
(Login highfader)

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 11:42 AM 

I'll correct that to last one or two years in steeltown under the current regime....but the $$$$ will stop goin out knce the scholies r wrapped up and who's going to buy it with the huge losses?

BH
(Login Barryhockey)

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 11:45 AM 

I agree with you SuperJ, but you do need a certain amount of teams in Toronto because a large part of the talent comes from there.

Orangeville should have gone to Collingwood or should probably fold.

Anonymous
(Login boots321)

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 11:51 AM 

Would the league consider new teams from jr b if any jr a were to fold.

scott
(Login wingsfan_100)

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 12:10 PM 

hamilton is sticking around for at least 30 more yrs.

Anonymous
(Login kiltybs)

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 1:10 PM 

Yeah Hamilton's not going anywhere Mr H was around long before his kids joined the legaue and he will be around alot longer after they finish. His youngest is only 8 yrs old playing a year up in AAA and he's a super little player

scott
(Login wingsfan_100)

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 1:41 PM 

after spencer is gone we sitll have oliver for at least 4 more years

cash8132
(Login cash8132)

Boots

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 7:50 PM 

Doubt that........they want to make the league smaller.

Anonymous
(Login hokeytalk)

Re: Boots

No score for this post
November 9 2011, 11:17 AM 

League is much stronger these days

Anonymous
(Login highfader)

No score for this post
November 22 2011, 10:08 AM 

two weeks since i posted this "suggestion" ....since then all teams mentioned have dropped in standings without any changes at the helms

r the blinders on ? or are teams just happy to limp into the playoffs for a round now you think ?

Maguire
(Login Mags5)

No score for this post
November 22 2011, 11:24 AM 

Orangeville - Zack MacArthur?

Arguably the best D man on the team? Heard he quit?

Any truth to the rumour?

The stats show him only playing 17 games and the team has played 25.

(Login SouthernSmoke)

No score for this post
November 22 2011, 12:46 PM 

HighFader I agree with you on a couple of your opinions but I do think there are some teams that you listed who need not be there.

Huntsville has made a lot of moves to strengthen their team. The addition of Doan between the pipes is a HUGE addition...one that stands 6'5! Watched him in Wellington and he is definitely a top notch goaltended; why do you think he was given a Div 1 Scholarship? This is going to be a team to watch out for in the 2nd half!

Peterborough is a young team with a lot of local talent. A lot of these guys played AAA together in Peterborough and I think because they are a young team they have potential upside in the coming years if they keep the core together. Lets not forget they have beaten teams this season like Trenton, Wellington and Kingston just to name a few.

There are obviously going to be a lot of sellers in the coming weeks, but I think you'll be seeing mostly 20 year olds leaving. With the two teams I've mentioned, I think it would be putting the future of the team in deep trouble if they starter trading away their younger assets.

cchlounger
(Login cchlounger)

Peterborough and Huntsville

No score for this post
November 22 2011, 2:30 PM 

I agree Peterborough is a fine hockey market with a young and developing team. If not a member of the East division, their record would be much better.

Huntsville, too, is a good hockey market.

However, I drastically differ from a few on this forum who believe the Otters fortunes are going to improve over the second half of the season.

Yes Huntsville has improved their goaltending, but, at the expense of their defence. Not to mention, more moves are on the way in the not to distant future. Basically, the management has already thrown in the towel on the season.

And to be perfectly blunt, many of the new players that have been brought in should be considered cast-offs. Why else do you think MA for example got rid of these guys in the first place?

Things are unstable in Huntsville, with management at the very least on the way out the door at seasons end.

Maybe there won't even be a team in Muskoka next season!

Anonymous
(Login highfader)

Re: Peterborough and Huntsville

No score for this post
November 22 2011, 11:10 PM 

i agree lounger...kirkwood was a hell of a d man and he wanted out bad...i have to believe that Huntsville will play out the season and sell off some kids then shut it down ... little birdie told me Trenton as well, they'll lose $150k min this year to get a winner for the kid and his pockets aint that deep....prob at least one city team, maybe two...my guess would be Milton and Brampton...and I bet another that nobody sees coming folds it as well...Peterborough? Aurora? the Orangeville experiment is a complete failure....how about Nishi in G town maybe having enough now with no kid to support? dont forget with the OJHL and OHA playing nice it seems now, how far away can the Premier League be and thats even more $$$$$$...it will be a very very interesting summer

Current Topic - Teams That Need Change
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please respect this forums guidelines, Network54's guidelines and your fellow participants.