In The Cage With Tigerpaws

Information about Edinburgh

Visitors since March 17, 2003.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Kent McPherson

December 13 2011 at 12:38 AM
No score for this post
D.e89  (Login D.E89)

Trenton Captain Kent McPherson Was Hurt In Sundays Game Agents Toronto Lakeshore After Colliding With A Lakeshore Player Not Sure Who But I Heard He Hurt His Knee Just Wondering If Anyone Knows If Hes Gonna Miss Any Time If So How Much ? This Would Be A Huge Loss For Trenton If Hes Out Too Long.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tim Meeks
(Login OldScribe24)

Re: Kent McPherson

No score for this post
December 13 2011, 2:03 AM 

It looked bad when it happened, McPherson immediately grabbed his knee and had to be assisted off the ice. But he was later seen walking on his own, so it may have looked worse than it is. It's probably a strain and he'll miss a week or two.
Anytime you lose a player of McPherson's calibre it's impossible to replace. The Hawks will have to play a simpler game without him. They brought Pintaric and Plourde in for a reason, to add to their veteran depth on defence. Plourde looked good on the weekend, but like Pintaric, his fitness needs to improve.
McPherson has just done so many things well so far this season. He's by far Trenton's best player. The Hawks have a lot of solid defencemen, but none of them sees the ice and anticipates the play like he does.
It's never a good time to lose a great player, but with the two-week holiday break coming up in a week, and the Hawks getting another week off after playing Wellington Jan. 6, it gives McPherson plenty of time to heal. Missing five games and returning Jan. 13 wouldn't be the worst thing if it means he's 100 per cent for the Run for the Roses.

D.e89
(Login D.E89)

No score for this post
December 15 2011, 12:21 PM 

From What Dupont Said In The Paper Hes Expected To Be Out 1 To 2 Weeks

RocknRoll
(Login RocknRoll4hockey)

No score for this post
December 15 2011, 2:27 PM 

Collision?!?! It was a pretty blatant trip. If a Trenton player had done that he would have been suspended!!

D.e89
(Login D.E89)

No score for this post
December 15 2011, 2:31 PM 

I Was AT The Game But Just Saw It Out Of The Corner Of My Eye As I Was Chatting With People But Just Thanks God It Turned Out Not As Bad Is It Looked

John
(Login Tihshguot)

Kent McPherson

No score for this post
December 15 2011, 3:48 PM 

I actually spoke with Kent and not once did he comment on a dirty hit, more bad luck than anything else. Glad to hear he is all right because I do think that he lends a dimension to Trenton that not too many do for their teams. Heck, 16 goals for a D man, better than the majority of the forwards in the league.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please respect this forums guidelines, Network54's guidelines and your fellow participants.