Information about Edinburgh

Visitors since March 17, 2003.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Are You Kidding Me?

March 25 2012 at 4:14 PM
No score for this post

(Login THAYWARD)
Forum Owner

There has been a letter distributed throughout the league citing the "appauling behaviour" being witnessed during the Stouffville/Georgetown series! What? This is insane!

These are two extremely talented teams leaving it ALL out there and showcasing their collective talents/passions for the game that these young men and their respective coaching staffs love so dearly!

So as NOT to identify the author of this letter which has been sent (and received) to the OJHL representatives, any names (including the authors) mentioned within the letter or any references to either team have been omitted, so as not to identify any player with whom the author of this submission may be identified!
Please read and share your observations, then I'll share mine with all of you that I have already replied to the league with! please enjoy ......

To Someone in Authority:

Re: OJHL Playoff Series between the Stouffville Spirit and Georgetown Raiders

This is an URGENT plea for the SAFETY of the Georgetown Raiders players and the Stouffville Spirt players.

Would someone PLEASE exercise your authority to STOP the nonsense before someone gets seriously HURT or KILLED.

The hockey games in this series are absolutely shameful to the OJHL. This is NOT hockey and someone has to put a stop to it NOW !
At this level of hockey these players should be skilled enough to get the puck from the opposing team and in the net without resorting to the aggressive and disgraceful behaviour that has been displayed at every game in this series. Players are getting hurt and it has to stop. I urge you, please, don't wait until someone is seriously hurt or killed.

PLEASE Stop these games immediately -- speak with the players and coaches of both teams -- demand that this appauling behaviour stop before the series can continue.

Players should not be allowed to play in this manner !!

This message has been edited by THAYWARD on Mar 25, 2012 4:21 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login whc358)

Re: Are You Kidding Me?

No score for this post
March 25 2012, 4:38 PM 

its playoff hockey

Anonymous
(Login duke2160)

No score for this post
March 25 2012, 4:54 PM 

I agree with the letter, only difference is that Georgetown have behaved this way all season long so the league must condone it. They cannot compete with Stouffville playing within the rules of the game so this is the result. They are a disgrace.

Anonymous
(Login pucknut20)

No score for this post
March 25 2012, 5:17 PM 

Duke2160 I'm confused? According to the box scores Stouville actually has more penalty mins in every game of the series???

Anonymous
(Login hockeyfan4ever66)

No score for this post
March 25 2012, 5:18 PM 

So playing within the rules Stouffville had two hitiing to the head penalties in game one and a checking from behind in game three are you saying thats playing within the rules,hard fast pyshical hockey is part of the game not head shots and checking from behind or all the diving stouffville been doing in the series.

(Login fillibuster)

No score for this post
March 25 2012, 5:20 PM 

Too bad they can't spell..anyway I consider the letter to be totally without merit.

F D B
(Login sherifffdb)

No score for this post
March 25 2012, 5:45 PM 

I don't know if that letter writer has been watching the same games that I have. It has been a very well played series between 2 very good teams. Keep it up boys, well done.

Wayne Lewis
(Login wayjoy)

Sure sounds like a disgruntled parent

No score for this post
March 25 2012, 7:33 PM 

and a call for tougher officiating.

Fair enough.

But rather than submitting a letter to the league, I would think there are far better avenues of recourse to enact change, if there is deemed to be a legitimate complaint here.

Odd that most of the fans who are partaking of this series do not feel the same way as the letter writer.

Granted they all don't visit this forum regularly but I have not read similar context from any of the posters who have attended the games.

Wayjoy

Anonymous
(Login lolol95)

Re: Sure sounds like a disgruntled parent

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 12:04 AM 

Physical play of the raiders is wearing down the very skilled, but lack depth spirit. playoff hockey!!

(Login bbd96)

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 10:39 AM 

this makes sense seeing as whenever the spirit are anywhere near the net the get tackled or held by two or three guys also in game 1 Genua slashed a stouffville player over the head with his stick and only received two mins, georgetown is definitely the dirtiest team in this league, stouffville is much more skilled only way they lose is if the refs insist on making the gamesheet even.

(Login THAYWARD)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 11:49 AM 

Perhaps this lady shouldn't bother coming to Georgetown this evening with all of the "disgraceful behaviour" that may be occuring TONIGHT! This is/has and WILL continue to be fantastic playoff hockey!

The kind that separates the wannabe's from the legitimate contenders! If this lady is SO offended by the type of hockey that's synonymous with this time of year, then I'd suggest a few options .....

a) Have your son sign up with a team that's guaranteed NOT to be playing this time of year (ie Hamilton under its current regime for example, ouch)

b) Don't attend these games which feature such "disgraceful behaviour"

c) Pull your son out of this league and sign him up for House League or a non contact Mens league like us old farts play!

Or d) Sign your son up for syncronized swimming or Water polo! happy.gif

Anonymous
(Login chillyrink)

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 4:32 PM 

that's an intelligent answer to someone who has expressed a sincere and legitimate concern - whether you believe she is correct or not does not require such an arrogant response. Grow up and disagree if you would like but try to do it intelligently.

ATICINTIME
(Login conwell)

DONT HIT ME

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 4:42 PM 

Can not believe for one minute that this hockey is any different than we have seen at this time of year before

bunch of cry babies.
stay home if you dont like it

tic toc tic toc

(Login THAYWARD)
Forum Owner

Re: that's an intelligent answer to someone who has expressed a sincere and legitimate con

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 4:53 PM 

..... BACK AT YA "chillyrink"!

I "WAS" (believe it or not, I could care less) offering some legitimate alternatives for this lady who can't expect for one single minute that her grievances would be considered!

If you believe for a second that the league gives a rats *** about one persons concerns, then you "chillyrink" are as far off base as this person is!

It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing "chillyrink" but more importantly offering "suggestions" (that's all, nothing more or nothing less) that you have offered in your personal tirade against me! Not that I really care that much! happy.gif teehee!

If you believe that this lady has a legitimate concern, then rally behind her and defend her viewpoints by NOT showing up at the rinks! Somehow all of a sudden her viewpoints seemed to have lost their "legitimacy" huh "chillyrink"?

For as much as this lady is publicly entitled to air her grievances, so are "WE"! That doesn't warrant our opinions to be that of arrogance or a lack of intelligence!

Now go away and find something to do "chillyrink" considering that you won't be hanging around here or the rinks with so much arrogance and a lack of intelligence! lol happy.gif

Anonymous
(Login chillyrink)

Re: that's an intelligent answer to someone who has expressed a sincere and legitimate con

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 5:50 PM 

another intelligent response - lets hope all of us have more respect for your ill mother than you do for someone else's legitimate concerns. I hope your mother and your fundraising goes well and I hope you will learn some decency.

Anonymous
(Login justsayn)

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 6:31 PM 

I have been reading this forum for a couple of years and I have read a lot of things that made me want to register to add my two sense worth but chillyrink your insensitive post has to be the most ignorant post I have yet to read. Why you felt the need to say what you did is beyond my understanding but it sure speaks volumes about what kind of person you are. Why you felt the need to make that little dig to Tony is a sure sign that you have no understanding of what it is like to have someone close to you suffer with cancer. Your comment had nothing to do with the issue at hand. You may not like Tony's opinion but your comment is a very low blow in "MY OPINION"

cash8132
(Login cash8132)

justsayn

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 8:54 PM 

Couldn't have said it better myself.....this guy has no class.

ATICINTIME
(Login conwell)

CLASSLESS

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 9:08 PM 

UN called for CHILLYRINK

you should be ashamed of your self for such a comment

dispicable . very shamefull

tic toc tic toc

(Login slick-stick)

Re: CLASSLESS

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 10:58 PM 

Good luck with your mom Tony...it's tough to watch someone you love suffer with cancer.

As for the idiot comment from the idiot poster - karma's a B itch

Still Stirin'
(Login StirTheSh1t)

Re: "another intelligent response"

No score for this post
March 29 2012, 6:32 AM 

And your intelligence is questionable at best chillyrink you useless bag of sh%t. Can you hit any further below the belt than that? The very brush that you seem to take liberty tarring us with is the one that screams of ARROGANCE from you Jackass!

Anonymous
(Login superjr)

Re: "another intelligent response"

No score for this post
March 29 2012, 7:20 AM 

Chillyrink has lost all credibility and I doubt we will ever see that name again.No hockey knowledge and could take a few courses in moral behavior.About as sad as it gets.

Jetstar2001
(Login Jetstar2001)

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 5:54 PM 

Head shots remove players from the game of hockey. Just ask the multitude of NHL players afflicted with concussions. Guess their parents should have signed them up for water polo, too.

Jetstar2001
(Login Jetstar2001)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
April 1 2012, 5:55 PM 

Head shots remove players from the game of hockey. Just ask the multitude of NHL players afflicted with concussions. Guess their parents should have signed them up for water polo, too.

Tony Hayward
(Login THAYWARD)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 6:16 PM 

NOWHERE was there ANY reference whatsoever made by myself nor the author of this thread to head shots in "ANY" way!
My reply was in reference to the comments made specifically to the "disgraceful behaviour" comments made by the mother of one of the players in this series and her pleas in a letter to the league to suspend play in this series!

NEVER was there ANY mention supporting "head shots" Jetstar2001, so I don't know where you got that from!

Anonymous
(Login duke2160)

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 7:53 PM 

ya, for heaven's sake, don't ever voice your opinion on something as unimportant as violence and disgraceful behaviour in hockey, especially if you disagree and are on the losing side, just have your child go play water polo or swim.

(Login THAYWARD)
Forum Owner

Careful There duke2160 Okay?

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 8:24 PM 

I'm going to have to check the Network54 guidelines to determine whether you can mention the words "swimming" and "water polo" in a thread or not! Lol

If not then I will be forced to block your access "duke2160", I trust that you'll understand? ;)lol

Anonymous
(Login lolol95)

Re: Careful There duke2160 Okay?

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 12:16 PM 

those NHL players dont have their Mommys Emailing league. Happens in house league/when ur 8 years old. Poor kid on stouffville must be Emabaressed.

Current Topic - Are You Kidding Me?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please respect this forums guidelines, Network54's guidelines and your fellow participants.