<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

journal 1 for professor higgins class

February 12 2010 at 9:45 PM
skylar  (Login skybelsher)

Journal #1
Skylar Belsher

1. I believe the true debate discussed in this section is how do children at very young ages become so smart? They discus seeing a baby at only 6 months speaking, langan was certainly a child prodigy but what made him this way? Another question I would say brought up was is the IQ test given, could they truly measure your IQ?

2. Gladwell states that weve seen that extraordinary achievement is less about talent than it is about opportunity I think that Gladwell doesnt believe in talent from a person, but that what it comes at you or what you have that makes you great.

3. Although Lewis Terman argues that he can measure child geniuses through aptitude test, Gladwell counter that Terman was wrong about his Termites

4. In Gladwells counter argument his most convincing piece of evidence was the Ravens test, it showed an IQ test not based on numbers but on symbol graphs which to me seems more accurate.

5. Chris Langan a man who was a contestant on I V.s 100. Not only a overall genius but also a great artists. Has taken many IQ test perfectly scoring all except one.

skylar belsher

Respond to this message   

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement