Picture Posting. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may provide a link to a picture hosting site. Pictures which are posting within the body of your writing often are too large to fit the page and they distort the finished product and make it difficult to read. By using a hosting site, you help us to do a better job of helping you to solve your problem. A suggested site is www.imgur.com.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Foreskin Retraction... yeah, just not happening for me.

November 18 2006 at 8:11 AM
Justin  (no login)

Hey guys. My name's Justin, and I'm a 16 year old male, from Canada. As you can probably tell by now, I'm having problems retracting my foreskin. Now, I don't know most of these medical terms and what they mean precisely, so I'm going to have to be very blunt. I tried reading around, but I don't know which one would be specific to my problem.

Basically, I've NEVER been able to pull the foreskin back over the head. It wasn't until a couple of months ago I realized that it was SUPPOSED to retract like that. Personally, I think my foreskin is WAY too tight. I can't even come CLOSE to retracting it while flaccid, and even when I'm erect and try pulling it back, I can see the head just BARELY trying to peek out.
I... haven't the slightest idea as to what I'm supposed to do. Over the past couple of months, I haven't been doing much about it, but today I decided I'd finally bite the bullet and do something about it - except I'm worried as to what my problem is exactly, and how I'm going to go about it without sustaining any sort of damage or medical issues.
Keep in mind, that the LAST thing I want to do is confront my parents or a doctor about this, as I find this INCREDIBLY embarrassing... and I simply don't want to get circumcised or anything of that nature. Is there any way I can do this with the utmost secrecy?
Please, information and extensive help would be WELL appreciated on this matter. I'm very desperate to fix this little problem of mine, and I just want it to be done and over with...
Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to some guidance...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Everything in its own time

November 18 2006, 6:34 PM 

Desperation is not in order. You're sixteen. Give it time. Retraction often begins about the age of puberty, which could be expected from about twelve to thirteen, give or take a few. This is quite normal, so you aren't very far off.

By now, the normal adhesion of the foreskin to the glans should be gone, so that the only work to be done is the stretching of the opening.

The tightness you describe will probably prevent grasping the end to pull it apart. Regular and frequent attempts at retraction should get you some progress, and I recommend that. If you have some overhang beyond the glans, try pulling on the end as if you were trying to lengthen the skin. This also should get you some progress.
Here's an illustration:

When you've made enough progress so that you can grasp the end, do this:

Continue at that until you are able to insert two fingers inside in order to pull the skin apart.

Gentleness is extremely important at all times. None of this should ever cause pain. If you can hold these stretches for five minutes at a time, that's great. It will seem like an eternity, but the good news is that progress should come fairly quickly.

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Ah ... but it will.

November 21 2006, 1:41 PM 

Hello Justin.

Well, the fact that you are posting here, presumes that you have read at least some of the threads here to verify that this is the right place to find the answers you seek - and it most definitely is!

What is most important, is to read a lot of the threads here, because we have explained all the details before, many times, and if we go through them all again in answering yourself, well, there may be little useful points which we have previously explained, which we may miss out on "this time around", so do go through all the "old stuff".

Now for your description specifically, you mention that "when erect and pulling it back, I can see the head just barely trying to peek out". OK, that means you have enough space to get a finger - perhaps only your little finger - in through that opening so that it is next to your glans (penis head - note that the word is singular). It will probably be tight - but that is exactly the point - that you can get it in and do this often, will provide stretching (and somewhat more easily for the present, than pulling the foreskin back when you are erect), and when it is not so tight, or no longer as tight, you do the same with a larger finger, eventually your thumb, then two fingers, and so on.

Now to do this, you do not really want an erection though that may not matter so much. It can be a little tricky getting the finger in; think of how you get things in and out of a sack. Firstly, you get a grip on the foreskin as in the first picture Jim shows, or for this particular purpose, perhaps you hold it on the same side as the hand you are using to hold it. Then you get the (little, to start) finger of the opposite hand, and "winkle" it in through the opening and the tight part until it is beside your glans - then hold it there as long as practical.

Note that your glans may well be quite sensitive - which is good - it's not really supposed to be rubbed without lubrication anyway, except through your foreskin, so to do this you may well need some lubrication on the finger you use to do the stretching (but not on the fingers you use to do the holding!) - a drop of vegetable oil would do fine, or Vaseline but certainly not any form of soap, detergent, "antiseptic" or motor oil!

Let me reassure you that you certainly do not need any form of surgery (least of all circumcision, which is hideous), which means you do not need to see a doctor, and there is no reason that you cannot sort matters out entirely in secret - from those who know you personally at least. Mind you, you still have to be careful - you need to check whatever we suggest here, against your own "common sense" and if there is any suggestion that something we say - or that you think we suggested - is likely in any way to injure you (and then perhaps require seeing a doctor), then you need to question it - to come back and discuss it and sort it out so that we all understand how you are to do it with complete safety.

Respond to this message   
Kumaar
(Login kumaar.hard)

Phimosis... foreskin doen not retract

January 7 2007, 1:23 AM 

Hi Justin...was goin through your post .. let me assure you that this a very natural occurance.. here is my case history

I am a 24 yr old uncircumsised male from India and measure 5" when erect. My foreskin used to not retract at all over my glans as I had never tried to attemp it. I was having no problem masturbating or having sexual intercouse with my girlfriend since the past two years... used to get very confused when I used to see pics of retracted penis on the internet (used to assume they are circumsised. However when I researched over the internet I realised that I suffered from phimosis. I then started some streching exercises.

After these exersises I could pull my foreskin a little behind.. but this led to a new problem. Once when my girlfriend was riding me (I dont pull my foreskin behind before putting on a condom) my foreskin came down and got stuck there. My glan felt so sensitive that we had to stop right away.. also the foreskin got stuck behind the glan and felt very tight.

Now I practice manually retracting and manage to pull the skin back over the glan.. its much better now and less sensitive.. infact I can now masturbate in this position but the foreskin still feels pretty tight behind the glans.

I still need advice.. donot even wanna think of getting circumsised.

Pl let me know if you or anyone would want to me to share my penis pics in its various stages (from unretractable to fully retracted after streching) if that can help them get a clearer pic of my condition and advice.. or to compare your/their case with mine.

Regards
Kumaar

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.