<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

another visit to the doc.

November 29 2007 at 10:41 AM
Rob  (no login)

Went to a walk-in clinic once again, asking to be prescribed the betamethasone. Doc saw my goods, said that there is 0% chance it will do anything because my phimosis is not mild at all, and would not prescribe it to me no matter what I said.

So, the glansie has done nothing for me after 10-20 mins stretching for 3 weeks, I still have, basically, pinhole phimosis, and now, I have an appointment to the urologist soon!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

What's with the doc?

November 29 2007, 3:00 PM 

This guy is pretty stubborn, isn't he? Well, you have to be just as stubborn if you're going to win at this game. Don't let the urologist talk you into anything having to do with blades! Have HIM prescribe the medicine and give it a whirl.

Respond to this message   
Rob
(no login)

actually...

November 29 2007, 9:13 PM 

this is a different walk-in clinic...another doctor! He said he would have prescribed it, had my case been more mild, but guy wouldn't budge. I'm definitely not getting circ'd, but I seriously must have BXO or something. Just to double-check, I can't find the ointment online from a trustworthy source that you'd know of?

Respond to this message   
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

November 29 2007, 9:39 PM 

No, I don't know of trustworthy online sources. You'd need a prescription from a physician. Few will prescribe without an examination.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Two words

November 30 2007, 1:46 AM 

Online ««====»» Trustworthy

Oxymoron?

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Heading in the wrong direction, or so it sounds.

November 29 2007, 7:38 PM 

Mild, moderate or severe is a difference of degree, which in this case determines how long it is going to take to achieve a particular result.

Certainly, if you perceive no improvement at this time, the betamethasone would be the next step. I can't see any value to you in seeing a urologist, as he is most unlikely to have any experience or acumen in the use of the steroid. A dermatologist would be more appropriate - or curiously enough, a gynaecologist as they see similar problems more frequently, and know more about non-surgical treatment.

Still, you have to pick whom you choose to believe, and wear the consequences.

Respond to this message   
Rob
(no login)

Yeah

November 30 2007, 5:52 PM 

Going to the urologist will most likely be a waste, but there I may still at least learn something anyways. If not I'll talk to a dermatologist or gyne.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Lesson

December 1 2007, 2:26 PM 

I could be wrong, but I do suspect the only thing you will "learn", is that he wants to cut you!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - another visit to the doc.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.