<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Frenulum breve documented

March 23 2008 at 7:03 AM
mark  (no login)

Jim, Paul,
Below is a link to a Word doc that has pics of my frenulum. I am hoping this will give you all the info you need to advise me on what to do.

I thank you,
Mark.

http://download.xdrive.com/s/280699464njpBTabJIWx3uqHr7SI&partner=xdrv

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

The real problem

March 23 2008, 10:48 AM 

The pictures clearly show that you have more work to be done on the frenar band, that little circle at the end of the foreskin. Look at the constriction caused when your skin is retracted behind the sulcus. You shouldn't have that "hourglass" configuration.

Continue working on whatever method you used to gain what mobility you now have. I really don't see that much of a problem with the frenulum, but you can lengthen it yourself without submitting to surgery. Here's an exercise commonly used to do that:

My recommendation on surgergy is plain and simple: If your life is not treatened, and nothing is broken or torn open, don't do it.

Thank you for posting the pictures. They will be helpful to others with similar situations.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Rather the opposite!

March 23 2008, 5:56 PM 

Interesting pictures; somewhat inconvenient format.

> I would like a recommendation on which type of surgery to get, if any, based on the state of my frenulum.

Well, that's simple - you need no surgery, as your frænulum is just fine. It might actually benefit from a bit of stretching as Jim illustrates here (which will take some persistence, so don't underestimate that), but the pictures show no real evidence of a problem with it.

> I used to have phimosis, but thanks to the network54 site I?m free of that.

Really? That's not what the pictures show - you clearly have an uncomfortably tight foreskin which is causing that "hourglass" constriction and the discomfort on retraction when erect. That's what "phimosis" is generally taken to mean - the opening of the foreskin is tight.

> I would prefer to be able to easily slide the foreskin back and forth and even retract it further down the shaft when erect.

Good idea! If you have been using the stretching exercise we primarily recommend for your situation, then you definitely need to keep at it for a while longer, until there is no "hourglass" persisting. If you have been doing something else, then you may care to explain what, but I would think you need to get seriously into that particular exercise.

> I guess another option is a Y or Z frenuloplasty. I recently visited a urologist who recommended a Y frenuloplasty.

I'll bet he did! Couldn't he sell you on a circumcision? I suppose it depends on how much he can charge for each. Perhaps a fraenuloplasty counts for more as a "plastic" procedure?

I can see though why you are pretty confused as to what phimosis is and what "frænulum breve" is - you've been reading the "male-initiation" site of course. Spend any amount of time browsing there and - unless you have a thoroughly clear understanding beforehand - you are bound to get thoroughly addled! It's your choice, you can read what you will, but I really advise you keep well clear of that site (and Circlist too, if you have any problems at all niggling away at your mind).

Respond to this message   
mark
(no login)

right

March 25 2008, 1:24 AM 

I do need more work on the phimosis, but I've made a lot of progress and am "on track". I ended up buying the glansie product to assist me and it's been very helpful. I'll continue to stretch until the phimosis is gone and then address the frenulum.

Thanks guys.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

I think I see the problem.

March 25 2008, 1:16 PM 

Ah! That might have some bearing on it - if you have been using the Glansie, then you may have made the presumption that when you had reached the limit of its ability (to stretch), you no longer had "phimosis".

In fact, its "place in the scheme of things" is simply restricted to the most severe stages of phimosis (unless adapted with "snubs" or "shoes" - plastic or rubber pieces to fit over the jaws of the device to make them much larger in diameter) and you need to transition at some point to the use of fingers.

I don't know if they give this sufficient emphasis in the instructions (which I have not seen as such). I know the device is advertised on these forum pages - well I think it is and know it used to be - I cannot actually see any of the advertisements here!

I would suggest adding the frænulum stretch to your exercises sooner rather than later. Why? Because I think it does have some partial contribution to what you want to achieve, also because it is the nature of the condition that the frænulum tends to be short if the foreskin has not been habitually retracted, and because it takes longer to achieve, so it is as well to start as soon as possible.

The point was - it is not your main problem.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Frenulum breve documented
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.