<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tight foreskin?

May 12 2008 at 3:20 PM
Dan  (no login)

Hi, I'm 19 and I've only recently discovered that the foreskin is supposed to glide all the way back over the glans. When I was a young teen (14-15), someone mentioned to me in passing that I should pull my foreskin back while showering and clean it with water but I couldn't retract it back then, and I still can't now.

When flaccid, I can't see the tip of my penis as there's skin covering it and when I retract it, I've only been able to expose around 1 cm in diameter of my glans. I haven't gone any further as it feels uncomfortable and makes me feel squirmish-like. When erect, I can see the tip of my penis (again, not a lot. probably about 1 cm in diameter worth.) and when I try to retract my foreskin it goes back by just a bit.

I've just come across stretching exercises today but I've been having problems. When flaccid my penis size is quite small, and there's quite some skin over it so I can't quite do the stretching exercise (the one where it involves me putting two fingers into the foreskin and pulling laterally). Also the posterior part of my foreskin feels a bit tender and uncomfortable (just a bit) when I stretch.

Is there anyway around this problem? Circumcision is the very last thing on my mind.

AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Smart man

May 12 2008, 9:56 PM 

No man in his right mind would consider circumcision. Here's something to do until the opening is large enough to put both fingers inside.

Dan
(no login)

sensitive?

May 13 2008, 12:07 AM 

You see, I have quite some excess skin when it's totally flaccid so I have to rummage a bit to get to hold it like that and when I do, it's a tad sensitive and I can't really get a good grip on it.

Thanks for a quick response btw!

Jim
Forum Owner

Keep trying

May 13 2008, 5:57 AM 

The sensitivity issue should resolve as you handle yourself often, but for now, you'll have to work through it. As for the extra skin and its challenges, perhaps some kind of device might help. Read this:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/thread/1210087455/last-1210682613/circumcision+at+26+to+correct+phimosis-

At this time, a flesh tunnel might be too large, but this should give you an idea of something that will work for you. Be careful in using devices. They must be something which is easily cleaned, and there should be no sharp edges which will cut into the skin.

Dan
(no login)

alright

May 13 2008, 8:34 AM 

I'll take your advice and continue stretching. I'm determined to win this foreskin battle!
One more thing.. I read somewhere that there's a proper way of masturbating which helps foreskin retractability. How is it like? And is there a degree of overmasturbating that actually is harmful to my penis?

Jim
Forum Owner

You're on your own with that

May 13 2008, 6:00 PM 

I have no idea why someone would think there's an ideal method.

When one's life is consumed by masturbation, I think that would be over the limit. Balance in life is what is important. If nothing hurts, I suspect no harm will come.

(Login Paul_B.)

Method

May 13 2008, 6:38 AM 

The "excess skin" is called your "foreskin" or perhaps more didactically, the part of it called the "acroposthion".

I would think that to avoid the "rummaging" you would firstly pull the foreskin back as you describe to see the glans, then get a grip of the "rim" as the skin is stretched flat over the glans. If you can do that with the fingers of one hand, you can then pull that part forward, stretching it all out smooth, then practice working a finger of the other hand into and through the opening.

A finger with well-smoothed nail is not a bad idea for starters, using progressively larger fingers. Once you can do this with the thumb, you should be able to get two little fingers in and work from there. Pulling the foreskin away from the glans allows you space to get the fingers inside without touching the glans if it is still sensitive.

You can also practice using a dilator such as the "flesh tunnels" mentioned which can be used all the time (except to take them out and wash when you wash), or you can invest in a GFS device.

Dan
(no login)

Re: Method

May 15 2008, 12:37 AM 

Over the past few days, my foreskin seems to be visibly stretched and i have no problems with grip. But, I still can't put two fingers in. Does it matter which stretching technique you use? Also, I notice some white patches on the topside of my glans ( just past the meatus). Are those smegma or could it be something else?

Jim
Forum Owner

Good

May 15 2008, 8:06 AM 

As long as the ring at the end is being stretched, it doesn't matter what technique you use. Just don't cause pain.

The white patches are probably smegma. Have you tried removing them?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Good

May 15 2008, 10:01 AM 

i've tried running water over it but it doesn't get run off. i haven't tried using my fingers because my glans are still sensitive. could it be something like adhesions?

Jim
Forum Owner

Adhesions?

May 15 2008, 11:22 AM 

What would be adhering? If it looks like something on the surface of the glans, it's probably just smegma. Try using a cotton ball with some oil on it, touching the area with it and allowing the oil to wet the spot. Then try lightly rubbing it with the cotton ball. If it comes off, then it's smegma. If not, tell us more.

Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Straining on gnats.

May 15 2008, 3:47 PM 

The matter of dealing with a tight foreskin essentially consists of two steps - identifying the tight part, and applying a stretching force to that tight part rather than anywhere else. How effective the stretching is depends completely on how accurately each of these steps is performed.

Excess force is undesirable not so much as it will cause damage to the skin, but because it will weaken your resolve to continue! Another fellow here is presently reporting difficulties "getting the process together" and it will take me a little while to go back and review his previous posts to detect where his problem is. I suspect he really needs the "gold standard" - the GFS device I mentioned in this thread.

My point to you is that you continue to work with what you have, toward what we have suggested as the end goal. If you can do the stretching that Jim illustrated above, then continue with that. The critical part however is that you do not grip just any part of the foreskin, but must get a grip as close to the tight ring as I described above, as possible.

I think you also need to practice getting a finger through the ring and under the foreskin (next to the glans). Once you can get larger and larger fingers inside, you can then get the two fingers inside and progress will be much easier and presumably, faster.

As to the "white patches", don't fret. If you've never retracted before, then they have been there for quite a while - possibly 19 years. Clearly there is no hurry at all to deal with them - or even to figure out what they are. Once you have the retraction matter sorted out and working "normally", if the white patches have not disappeared as a result of this, then we may have something to talk about - but I suspect we will not.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Straining on gnats.

May 16 2008, 6:13 AM 

How would you determine the tight spot that needs stretching? I'm doing normal stretching exercises by pulling the foreskin on its two lateral sides; however although it does seem like it's getting more stretched, it does not look as if I'm stretching it 'all-around' since I'm only pulling the sides. I'm also working on trying to put a finger in and the inside of the foreskin seems sensitive so I'm having trouble manuevering my finger in and leaving it in there; but I suspect that's something that will resolve over time and with the help of a lube.

Jim
Forum Owner

Lube

May 16 2008, 6:26 AM 

You're right. The lube should help with the sensitivity issue.

If it's getting looser, you are probably doing it right. Once you are able to get a finger inside, you should be able to feel the tight spot.

(Login Paul_B.)

Lube (2)

May 16 2008, 12:58 PM 

It's generally pretty simple - the tight spot that needs stretching is the narrow area when you pull the foreskin as far back as you can (perhaps with an erection). That would in general be the point to aim for to stretch.

We do realise that the glans (more so in general, than the inside foreskin) is pretty sensitive if it is not accustomed to being touched. For that reason you may well need to use lubrication to insert one or more fingers - and you will certainly want to have your fingernails well trimmed and smoothed.

The matter of "stretching all-around" is certainly a reason that we suggest using the largest object available to do the stretching, and why we feel the "Glansie" has such a limited application in managing the tight foreskin. Again, the GFS using a balloon which expands evenly all around is the perfect approach, but of course a single finger (or the "flesh tubes" elsewhere mentioned) is also "all-around" and two fingers once inside, almost the same, so don't sweat it.

Anonymous
(no login)

Progress?

May 17 2008, 12:21 PM 

My foreskin is just about wide enough now to fit a thumb in and possibly even two fingers. However, manuevering them inside makes it hard to stretch from the inside. The upper part of my foreskin is considerably shorter than the lower part so even if i manage to get a finger in, it slips out pretty easily. Do I need to stretch my frenulum too though? When I retract my foreskin, there's a tight feeling around where the frenulum is. I'm not sure if that's normal or if it's indicative of a short frenulum.

Jim
Forum Owner

If this were not so serious, it woulld be funny

May 17 2008, 5:52 PM 

Having a slippery surface in between the two layers of the foreskin certainly causes some interesting challenges, so I can understand your frustrations in grasping what you need to grasp.

Do you have fully coverage when flaccid? If so, eventually you'll get the idea of this. Try getting your little fingers in there.

Yes, I'd work on the frenulum also. Much of the time, that's the only problem.

Current Topic - Tight foreskin?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.