<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Cut frenulum?

May 17 2009 at 10:12 AM
  (no login)

I was having intercourse with my girlfriend and i cut my frenulum, it is only a very small cut but there was a lot of blood, it was definately not torn. IS it possible because it was a bit of a quickie she was not wet enough?
This is the second time it has happened in around four months i went to the GP the first time and he didn't say much at all he difnately didn't say i may suffer from frenulum breve or anything he didnt even say let it heal for two weeks which i did anyway, i can easily fully retract my foreskin when flaccid and i can when erect but it is tight. Do you think i have frenulum breve? If so what can i do other then frenuloplasty or whatever it is?
Kind regards

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Don't baby it too much

May 17 2009, 10:50 AM 

Keep the area clean, and let it heal, but also, once the wound is safe from opening up, you can start some gentle stretching of the frenulum. Here is a photo of what you should be doing:

[linked image]

Do it gently, but with some stress upon the wounded area. This will prevent it from hardening up and causing further problems. I don't think there is a need to consider surgery.

I also recommend that you work a little on the ring at the end of the foreskin. If you're having some difficulty retracting with an erection, it's tight.

The quickie is probably the culprit. Are you using condoms? What is your age?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Don't baby it too much

May 17 2009, 11:48 AM 

I am 18 and no i wasn't using condoms.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply mate

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

I thought so

May 17 2009, 10:27 PM 

A condom would tend to stabalize a tight foreskin and help to prevent injury to the frenulum. It will also prevent 18 years of child support. happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: I thought so

May 18 2009, 4:53 AM 

Thanks a lot for your help, has this happened to you before or are you a doctor of some kind?

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Experience

May 18 2009, 6:23 AM 

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Jaws IV

May 17 2009, 3:06 PM 

Unless your girlfriend has teeth "down there" or is wearing uncommonly sharp "body jewellery", I cannot see how you could make a distinction that the injury you suffered was a cut and not a tear.

I suspect you are trying to convince yourself that it will heal nicely and not cause a "scar" that is "weak" and "prone to tear again". Your reference to "frænulum breve" does tend to "give the game away" to me at least, and indicate that you have been reading around on the Internet, found some nasty sites and have managed to collect a number of unfortunate and really unhelpful concepts such as the "prone to tear again" notion.

I put it to you that you tore your foreskin. This would have happened because you were a bit too vigorous and your girlfriend, not having given birth to a baby yet is still rather pleasantly "tight" and on these occasions was not as sexually excited as you might have expected, and so was lacking her natural lubrication. As Jim alludes, it tends to suggest you were not using a condom because the condom tends to mitigate the force applied to your frænulum and frankly it concerns us that you might not have been wearing a condom as doing so is on the one hand important in preventing the spread of sexually-transmitted diseases in other than lifetime-committed relationships and on the other hand, an important "back-up" contraception where the young(?) lady is not using a guaranteed contraception such as the Implanon® device.

The GP has probably never heard of "frænulum breve" because it is not part of a normal medical training. He hasn't been trawling the 'net for fetish sites (or at least, not this sort wink.gif) and therefore hasn't come across it. Sure, he has perhaps come across one or two chaps who have torn their frænulum and might be considered on that account to have a somewhat short frænulum, but quite appropriately said "OK, well you tore it, just let it heal" and thought that if it tore enough, it would end up a bit longer when it healed and would (eventually) not be as easily injured in future.

The term ("frænulum breve") is really more part of a rather off-stream or what I would tend to call "fetish" culture of people advocating circumcision on its purported "merits" and serves as a common "excuse" from such people for surgery. As such they dwell on how bad this supposed medical condition is, how many problems it causes you, how it tends to get worse if not "treated" and how you almost always need to have surgery for it.

We on the other hand say - as Jim has - OK, let it heal for starters (but don't give it too long - a week is plenty) and get going on the stretching exercise - as you would have found advised over and again reading back through this discussion board. Indeed, what we advise in virtually every case applies - you probably need to do the "exercise" to stretch your foreskin a little so that it slides back comfortably as well as the one for stretching your frænulum, and you will need to do it - persistently - for a while!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Jaws IV

May 18 2009, 5:01 AM 

Thanks for the quick reply. I said cut because i imagined tearing your frenulum would be all the way through and it would still not be totally intact, it was probably the wrong choice of words. However, my 'injury' has seemed to totally heal after a cuple of days and it does not hurt at all. Thanks for your concern about not using a condom but i am in a long term relationship and my girlfriend is on the contraceptive pill.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Please don't forget

May 18 2009, 2:33 PM 

OK, well if you are reconciled to the risk (non-zero) of paternity in your situation, that is fine - it is of course, your decision to make. happy.gif

The only request - please do get back to us a few weeks "down the track" and tell us how you are going with the stretching. I should be interested to know also, what your girlfriend thinks of all this!

Respond to this message   
kadiebll@hotmail.com
(no login)

Re: Please don't forget

May 19 2009, 8:22 AM 

We have exams at the mo so not seeing eachother much anyway so should be easier then usual to resist the temptation. She thinks the stretching is very funny. I will get back to you in a few weeks.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Cut frenulum?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.