<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ripped foreskin/skin peeling

August 4 2010 at 3:35 PM
matt  (no login)

Alright so now I have 2 problems I don't think I've encountered before. My foreskin has gotten better in the past while (I can pull it past the head erect, but still tight), so for a few days recently I pulled the skin back while flaccid and kept it that way while I did other stuff. In an effort to desensitize the head a little bit + some light stretching. But then a couple days ago a bunch of skin started peeling off just above and below the tight ring... It didn't hurt, but it seemed to have tightened my foreskin a bit. Anyway I just had a shower, and of course I pulled back my foreskin, but now I'm seeing a tear on my foreskin.

I'm assuming I'll just do nothing and it will heal on it's own, but will this tear make stretching harder? I'm really worried about that.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Tears don't just happen

August 4 2010, 4:18 PM 

Your penis and foreskin are actually quite rugged, so tears are indicative of something besides wear and tear. Usually, it means a problem with yeast. The peeling also doesn't sound right. Had you been circumcised and very recently started covering your glans, the tissue on the glans would shed, but you're intact! You don't have a lot of extra layer of tissue to shed, and what does shed becomes smegma. This is telling me you probably need to treat for yeast.

The local drug store has over the counter preparations normally bought by women for such yeast problems. They are not gender specific, so don't mind the pink or lavender packaging. Smear a little bit over the parts where the problem occurred, twice a day, and in a week or so, you should notice improvement.

Do you think you have a problem with tightness?

Respond to this message   
matt
(no login)

Re: Tears don't just happen

August 4 2010, 4:59 PM 

Yes, I do have a problem with tightness, absolutely. Here are some of my past threads to give you some more info:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/thread/1277766716/last-1277934811/Smegma+slowing+down+stretching+process-
http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/thread/1276468697/last-1276677099/Sex+with+phimosis-
http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/thread/1275509581/last-1275514296/How+long+should+I+be+stretching+each+day-

I guess I'll be going to the drug store. sad.gif I don't like the sound of 'yeast infection'. I thought maybe the skin coming off was because some of the skin that normally is hidden was being rubbed by my underwear for a while.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

And ingrown toenails?

August 4 2010, 9:58 PM 

I would never recommend a urologist for problems with the skin of the penis - which is what this problem is - because they are most unlikely to have competence in the area. They are surgeons, and basically, they perform operations. That's just what they do.

And a circumcision for a tight foreskin? Well, you certainly wouldn't want to ask their advice for dermatitis on your hand! happy.gif

To be fair, one urologist with whom I used to work at one time, would be more sensible on this matter, though as a pragmatic matter he did perform circumcisions on (or for) people who were convinced that was what they wanted.

And some dermatologists, being unaware of or simply uncaring about foreskin problems, might themselves suggest circumcision as the "easy" option.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

matt

August 4 2010, 5:00 PM 

Oh one more thing, if I want to see a doctor about my problems, would you recommended a dermatologist? I saw a urologist one time but he just told me to get a circumcision.

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Only if it's a skin problem

August 4 2010, 8:59 PM 

Let's see how you progress by treating for yeast.

Respond to this message   
matt
(no login)

Re: Only if it's a skin problem

August 4 2010, 9:26 PM 

I will be going to the drug store tomorrow, but the thing I mentioned in this thread:http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/thread/1277766716/last-1277934811/Smegma+slowing+down+stretching+process-

Has been around for many many years. About 5 years ago there was a lot of the hard white stuff, but it's a lot less now. But enough that I wonder if a dermatologist could help.

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Smegma?

August 5 2010, 6:54 AM 

Does it have an odor?

Respond to this message   
matt
(no login)

Re: Smegma?

August 5 2010, 11:32 AM 

Could antibiotics be the cause of this? I just found this link:https://www.msu.edu/~eisthen/yeast/men.html

I was on antibiotics for a week because of an infection, and this penis problem started at the end of the week.

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Bingo!

August 5 2010, 12:44 PM 

You hit it on the head. Yeast will also cause other problems, most notably, digestive. Eat some yogurt with live cultures, and by all means, use the medicine to combat the yeast on your penis. You can also apply a small amount of yogurt to your penis and inside of your foreskin.

Respond to this message   
matt
(no login)

Re: Smegma?

August 5 2010, 11:37 AM 

Actually, yes, there is an odor. I was just about to have a shower, and I pulled the skin back. The skin also seemed much tighter than it usually is, although I was still able to pull it back while flaccid. However there was a smell, a smell I had never smelt coming from down there before. Your right it could be a yeast infection. I'm going to go the drug store after this shower.

Are yeast infection serious? I'm starting to get worried. I don't want this to make my foreskin tighter sad.gif

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

It can become serious

August 5 2010, 12:46 PM 

At this time, it doesn't sound bad, but if you let it go, it can be. Get on it right away.

Respond to this message   
matt
(no login)

Re: It can become serious

August 5 2010, 5:59 PM 

Alright thanks guys, I went to the doctor and he gave me two creams to apply, and a single pill to take. Hopefully this gets better soon. And yeah I don't think it's serious right now. He asked if I had any discharge, or if it hurt to urinate/if I urinated more frequently. None of those applied.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - ripped foreskin/skin peeling
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.