Picture Posting. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may provide a link to a picture hosting site. Pictures which are posting within the body of your writing often are too large to fit the page and they distort the finished product and make it difficult to read. By using a hosting site, you help us to do a better job of helping you to solve your problem. A suggested site is www.imgur.com.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Yeast Infection question

February 8 2011 at 1:40 AM
Brad  (no login)

Hey guys. I had two questions.

1. I wanted to ask how I would know if I had a yeast infection or not? What are the symptoms?

2. When applying the cream for yeast infection, where exactly do you apply it. I can only see a little of the head when pulling the foreskin back, and it's VERY sensitive to touch.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Symptoms vary

February 8 2011, 9:51 AM 

Take a look here: http://www.healthfitness4men.com/male-yeast-infection-foreskin-symptoms/

Try to get the cream to cover all of the area inside of the foreskin. Perhaps a cotton swab could be used. The sensitivity could be a symptom, although it's quite normal for guys who cannot retract the skin.

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

The cardinal symptom

February 8 2011, 12:56 PM 

of yeast infection - is itch. I would go so far as to say if you do not have itch, it is quite unlikely. Another very important sign is the presence of fissuring - tiny cracks in the skin associated with an unnaturally shiny appearance. Because stretching tends to aggravate such fissuring, yeast infection does make it impossible to pursue a stretching program.

The presence of "cottage cheese" exudate in any quantity demonstrates a quite severe and blatant infection. It is relatively improbable to have such a severe infestation inside an unretractable foreskin unless one has either been using soap to irritate the area, or is diabetic.

If it is however present inside the foreskin, the trick with the cream is not to attempt to pull the foreskin back, but to hold the long tip of the foreskin carefully over the nozzle of the tube of cream and inject just a small amount inside. You then hold the foreskin closed and massage the cream all around inside.

Clever, eh?

Respond to this message   
Brad
(no login)

Re: The cardinal symptom

February 9 2011, 2:17 AM 

Yeah I have the so called "cottage cheese." However, I was only able to see it when I used to persistently stretch a while ago and was able to retract the foreskin further. So it's lower inside which I can't see at the moment (since I haven't been stretching lately).

Also, I have the bad smell, the red glans, and the "shiny-ness" that you mentioned.

Any recommendations for which cream to get?

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Lots of good brands

February 9 2011, 11:05 AM 

Lotrimin is one. If you have anything for Athlete's Foot, it will work.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: The cardinal symptom

February 9 2011, 2:18 AM 

Also forgot to mention that I have NO itch.

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

In the absence of itch/ irritation

February 9 2011, 1:03 PM 

I would be a bit cautious about presuming you actually have Candida, though there is little harm in treating for it using the cream in the manner I have described. An infrequently exposed glans does tend to look a little red and shiny, and you will have some smegma there which will generally break up (pulverise) from masturbation and be flushed out progressively as you pee. So this may look similar to the material (with essentially similar components) which characterises yeast infection. The actual quantity is the clue - if you only notice it when you retract more than usual, that honestly does not sound convincing.

And smegma does have a smell, as does navel lint and ear wax. Whether it is a "bad" smell varies and may be a matter of perception. Certainly, using soap or some other irritant preparation, will enhance production - and smell.

Those who criticise the smell, tend to be demonstrating substantial ignorance of the reality of a woman's vulva which is no more - or less - attractive. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Brad
(no login)

Re: In the absence of itch/ irritation

February 23 2011, 12:50 AM 

A while ago when I tried to assist my stretching with Betamethasone, but it got really itchy and dry so I thought it was an allergic reaction. Do you think that happened because of the yeast infection which I wasn't aware of at the time?

Also, is a yeast infection something that is long term? Because my penis has been the same basically for my entire life and I only found out about the yeast infection recently.

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Most likely explanation

February 23 2011, 9:54 AM 

The symptoms certainly sound like yeast. Try an over the counter yeast medicine you can find in any pharmacy. There are several good brands, and any one of them should bring you relief. Sometimes, switching to a different active ingredient might be necessary.

Do not use soap to wash the inside of your foreskin. Clear water only will keep it healthy. For now, wash only once a day, and apply the cream after drying. A second application later in the day should help too. Cover all of the area inside and as well as the parts which are dry an itchy. Do this for at least two weeks and let us know how it's going.

If you are in good general health, and you are not exposing yourself to an infected person, not washing with soap, you should not have problems with yeast. It is generally not long term. However, certain people with problems with mold could be combatting this for a lifetime. Do you have any problems with Athlete's Foot?

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Yes and no.

February 23 2011, 1:11 PM 

Unfortunately, part of the effect of betamethasone (or indeed, any steroid but particularly the "ultra-potent" ones) is to suppress the body's immune response wherever it is applied, so if there is yeast about, this may gain a foothold. Since it is used to treat allergic responses, and whilst one can "never say never", allergy to the preparation itself (to one of the various additives that creams or ointments often have) is very unlikely, super-infection with yeast is more likely.

On the other hand, it is unlikely that you would have had yeast infection forever - one has to give your body more credit than that. Unless you cause damage to the skin - such as by using soap on a sensitive area - yeast is pretty unlikely to be a problem. (Diabetes is of course, another, major consideration when it occurs.) Unfortunately, it is the heavy manipulation of stretching itself that gives the opportunity for yeast to populate the area where it has been healthy previously.

So it is a dynamic process. You do the stretching, You may use betamethasone, preferably as ointment (which migrates less) on the very specific part which needs to stretch, and if some yeast shows up and again, itch would be the better indicator as well as fissuring, then you treat that until symptoms settle - and then some.

Respond to this message   
Brad
(no login)

Re: Yes and no.

February 23 2011, 2:25 PM 

Alright guys, I bought the Canesten Athlete's Foot cream. That's fine right?

P.S, Jim I don't have a problem with athlete's foot.

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Good choice

February 23 2011, 6:14 PM 

The active ingredient is quite effective.

Good that you don't have a problem with Athlete's Foot, indicating it's a localized problem. You should see some results by the end of the week. Use the cream at least two weeks and tell us what happens.

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Sounds reasonable

February 23 2011, 8:03 PM 

As best as I can tell, it should be appropriate. Presumably it contains no other ingredient that might somehow irritate.

I generally presume that the preparations sold for women's genital use (which I have recently found to be of "behind the counter" availability and somewhat limited in variety compared to days past) would be (most) appropriate for use under the foreskin. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Yeast Infection question
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.