Picture Posting. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may provide a link to a picture hosting site. Pictures which are posting within the body of your writing often are too large to fit the page and they distort the finished product and make it difficult to read. By using a hosting site, you help us to do a better job of helping you to solve your problem. A suggested site is www.imgur.com.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Please help - paraphimosis with Slight Swelling

June 15 2011 at 7:12 AM
Mark  (no login)

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend were having sexs a couple of days ago. All went fine and after my erection something went wrong after I went limp again I started experiencing a lot of pain and swelling. I am not very sure what i should do now to reduce the swelling. Should i go see a doctor or shall I wait for the swelling to subside on its own. Please help !

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Surely you jest!

June 15 2011, 1:51 PM 

I recall when I was a young man, an acquaintence described just such an occurance. His solution was to have his buddy coax his foreskin back over the glans. Whey he didn't have his girlfriend do it is a mystery, but at the time, in spite of curiosity, I was afraid to ask.

So, I'm no longer afraid of asking. Why didn't you have your girlfriend help you out? Just squeezing the glans while simultaneously getting a finger inside the foreskin should help you to get it back over the rim. Ice helps reduce swelling.

Now you know you need to stretch that little opening to permit full retraction while erect.

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Neither

June 15 2011, 3:47 PM 

Implicit in your description is that you do not have a really tight foreskin, so that the situation now is not critical. Just as well if it is already 2 days hence.

So yes, the thing you need to do is to "reduce" the paraphimosis, get the foreskin back over the glans.

Now by definition, you have a narrow ring of foreskin with the swollen part in front, and the part behind, perfectly normal, not swollen. You need to do two things, firstly reduce the swelling by carefully squeezing the glans and swollen part for long enough for much of the fluid to drain away - of the order of a quarter of an hour. Actually, the best way to do this that I can think of is a condom over the penis and then using a doctor's blood pressure cuff inflated (60 torr) to squeeze it all uniformly. Failing that, just gripping it uniformly in a fist. I refer to using a condom so that it can slip around inside and the pressure is applied more evenly.

The second part is to pinch up the skin immediately behind the tight ring, on both sides with both hands and pull it steadily forward over the swollen area - just like pulling a pullover over your head. It will eventually slip over.

Easier to do than describe, I am afraid!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.