<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I need some advise illustrating a handbook

July 20 2011 at 2:13 PM
  (no login)

In my spare time, I started sketching together a handbook to provide people with phimosis with some info. My brother had this problem, stretching worked for him, and that inspired me to help others with similar problems. He didn't need betamethasone, and I have no idea how it should be applied, and where. Should it be the inner side, or outer side? I already browsed though some older topics here, and drew a few pages, but I still need to do work on short fraenulum issue, and any advise on what else I should draw would be great. Also, if you find any spelling/grammar mistakes, let me know.

Here's what I drew so far:http://hotfile.com/dl/124601553/8ceac34/drawings.zip.html

Best of luck, everyone.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Nice work

July 20 2011, 2:56 PM 

A couple of things I'd change. Firstly, I don't like the word phimotic ring. Frenar band is a better choice. In the case of a tight opening, it is because of a tight frenar band.

Secondly, I don't think Q-tips are even close to being strong enough to have any effect in stretching.

Thirdly, using soap inside the foreskin is never recommended, even the mildest soap.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good. How do you plan ot advertise it?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Thanks a lot

July 20 2011, 10:13 PM 

I will make the changes you suggested. Thank you very much.
I tried sending a WIP to a few sites, but got no reply (NORM-UK is the last one I tried). Can you suggest a better strategy?

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Patience

July 21 2011, 1:56 PM 

Most of the sites supporting intactiveness are run by volunteers.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Steroid ointment

July 20 2011, 10:45 PM 

One more question, where exactly should the steroid ointment be applied?

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Good start.

July 21 2011, 6:14 AM 

Definitely drop the term "phimotic ring"; "fr├Žnular band" is much more appropriate. (Of course I am using English spelling rather than American.)

The steroid - if used - should be applied to the fr├Žnular band, because that is the tight part. If the foreskin is retracted gently, this part will appear at the end and tend to evert - that is, pout out and be visible so that the ointment can be applied only on that exact part. This should be done after stretching, as the action of stretching would tend to spread the ointment around.

Stretching the fraenulum is easiest using this 33-04c.jpg illustration.

Soaps - any soaps - are the most common cause of dryness and irritation. so any irritation is a flag to avoid soap completely in this area.

Regarding your diagram of stretching, it actually is preferable to insert the fingers deeply, as this allows the fingertips to be "hooked" inside the foreskin so that it does not slip off the fingers and makes prolonged stretching easier. The fact that the fingers do "hook" away from the glans avoids irritation of the glans.

Spelling:
flaccid
You advise (verb) someone, by giving them advice (noun).
Fortunately

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Update

July 21 2011, 2:28 PM 

Thanks to your advice , I updated the package:

http://hotfile.com/dl/124686437/3b39b36/phimosis.zip.html

Next up, frenum stretching, and application of steroid ointment.

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Two more things

July 21 2011, 10:31 PM 

On the third page, phimotic ring still appears. The fourth page illustrates the use of Q-tips for stretching. They just won't work for that.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

noted

July 21 2011, 11:23 PM 

I'll be updating again, soon.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Last file link is dead.

July 22 2011, 2:06 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - I need some advise illustrating a handbook
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.