Picture Posting. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may provide a link to a picture hosting site. Pictures which are posting within the body of your writing often are too large to fit the page and they distort the finished product and make it difficult to read. By using a hosting site, you help us to do a better job of helping you to solve your problem. A suggested site is www.imgur.com.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Want to cure my phimosis

August 15 2011 at 2:12 AM
Anonymous  (no login)

I am 24, have phimosis and have known what it is for a while now. It's been really annoying and has kept me from having any sexual partners (though there's probably other reasons for that too). I guess I just either don't know how to fix it or just haven't had the motivation to do it over the last 6+ years, but I'm fed up and really want to change that now.

I can retract my foreskin to reveal about half of the glans when flaccid and maybe 1/4 of it when erect. I've tried stretching every now and then over the years, but it can't really go any further than that without it getting uncomfortable or painful. I can get one finger inside the foreskin easily but when I try two fingers it's difficult to get a grip because it's so slippery inside, so I can't stretch it out that way. Are there other methods of stretching that might benefit me? I've heard of something called the glansie, is anybody familiar with that and know if it works? I've also heard about some kind of topical steroid cream that might help, but I know that it's prescription only and I kind of feel embarrassed about going to a doctor about this. Also, from a few posts I've read on this forum US doctors don't seem to be very good at treating this stuff.

Is there some method I don't know about that I should be trying? Any help would be a appreciated. I really hope I can fix this once and for all at least by the end of this year.

Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Suggestion

August 15 2011, 2:20 PM 

Welcome aboard. I think we can help you. I suggest you take a look at the product offered on this site:

http://store.platigosolutions.com/

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Suggestion

August 15 2011, 2:48 PM 

That definitely looks promising. The only thing that's a little hard to believe is that the majority of cases are cured in less than 2 weeks for only a few minutes a day. Are they exaggerating? How much time does it really take, if you've had experience with this product?

Thanks for the information!

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Advertising fluff

August 16 2011, 8:08 AM 

I really don't know, but I imagine it's going to take longer. However, there doctors in China had a great deal of success with this method. Read this: http://www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis/he-zhou/
Keep in mind that they deadened the foreskin before doing it.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Keep reading further back!

August 15 2011, 2:54 PM 

Sorry to have to say that (so often) but the fact is, all your points have been dealt with in great detail previously, including the one about "and has kept me from having any sexual partners" which is simply completely false. If you cannot retract when flaccid, then there is no risk of accidental retraction when erect and if you can masturbate (come on! - do - tell me otherwise! wink.gif), then you can have sex - if you have a loving partner with whom you are not trying to "prove" yourself in some way.

Moving forward, you have apparently by now some understanding of the two fundamental "exercises" involved and you simply need to begin doing both, not in a tentative way but with determination - and persistence to make it work. Yes, get two fingers inside, get them all the way in through the tight part so that you can "hook" them in there so they do not slip out, and do the stretching. Also the fr├Žnulum stretch. You may not realise now that you need it, but you you most likely do and it certainly will do no harm.

Forget the Glansie - you can already do better with your fingers. Do certainly consider the GFS as Jim describes but do start with the fingers method right now and simply do it instead of ruminating on why it is so apparently difficult.

Correct about US doctors - I couldn't guarantee the competence of doctors from other countries in this area, suffice to say that it's not something doctors do well and particularly so in the US. But the betamethasone ointment would be helpful.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Keep reading further back!

August 16 2011, 4:26 PM 

Thanks, I appreciate your help. And sorry, I shouldn't have brought up that part about not having sexual partners, since I know that's a whole different issue altogether.

Just one more question, is there any kind of ballpark number you can give me about the average time it would take to cure it, based on all the experiences people have posted about about on this forum? Just wondering if it will take weeks, or months or even longer.

Thanks a lot once again!

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Don't fret

August 17 2011, 12:25 AM 

If something related to your foreskin issue is bothering you, it's part of the deal. Don't be afraid to ask. We'll let you know if it's beyond the scope of our involvement.

The website says 14 days. Expect at least that much time. If you use the device diligently, you should have everything sorted out in two months or less. It's really in your court.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Out of the ballpark.

August 17 2011, 5:46 AM 

Problem is, we cannot know just how much force, how much time, how consistently people will perform the exercises and how much pressure they might be using (but it should not be such as to cause marked pain).

Why we are cautious about quoting only a few weeks, is that stretching in this context actually requires growth of the skin into the new size; you are not merely stretching an inanimate material. And as you realise growth - as exemplified by healing of a wound - requires a number of weeks.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Keep reading further back!

August 26 2011, 6:19 PM 

Hi! I had the same problem that you had. I could get just one finger inside the foreskin and a second one just with difficulty. I made stretching with two fingers during some minutes everyday in the shower or bath, when the skin is more relaxed and moistured. I also applied betametasone ointment. But it took me quite long... after two months I could get a third finger inside, then two or three months later a forth one.. I took long.. Sometimes I got discouraged. But after one year I began to be able to get seven fingers inside and then it gets much faster. Now I can uncover the whole erected glans without pain and the foreskin becomes surprisingly loose. I don't know why it took me so long, maybe I stretched too short everyday but my skin felt painful if I went on longer the same day.. However I have solved my problem without surgery and I feel relieved so I advise you to try stretching everyday and not to give up.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Want to cure my phimosis
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.