<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How do I stretch the foreskin correctly?

January 2 2012 at 5:59 AM
J.R.  (no login)

Hi, I'm 17 and I only discovered a little over a year ago that I'm actually supposed to be able to retract the foreskin (NO-ONE ever told me I had to clean under there or that its necessary for sex), at the time I was about 15 and I couldn't retract it very far at all without pain, I actually only recently tried again and surprisingly it must have loosened as I got a bit older. Long story short, I'm not even sure how far back I can retract it flaccid because honestly I'm too scared to pull it back all the way. I pull it back about half-way before I chicken out, I don't feel discomfort (at least not enough for it to register with me), I'm just a bit frightened because it looks like it could tear and I worry that it might get stuck back once it's retracted. Stupid I know, but I can't help fearing it.

Now to the physical issue, because I had issues retracting earlier I believe it's quite possible I do still have phimosis even though I'm too frightened to check properly, and I can kinda tell I have it because when I'm masturbating generally I'm having too much of a good time to worry about how far it retracts and I know that while I'm "going at it" it retracts quite a way but gets tight and stops going any further.

I've just tried to start following the stretching exercises on here by using the method that involves inserting two fingers under the foreskin and pulling outwards, however I have absolutely no idea how the hell I can manoeuvre something as wide as a piece of spaghetti in there, let alone something as big as my fingers. I've tried EVERYTHING to get a finger in there. So, anyone got any tips on conquering my stupid, stupid, stupid fears and how the hell I can get my fingers in down there? Some proper instructions or suggestions about what I'm probably doing wrong would be nice. Also I was glad to discover that topical steroids can help because I actually have betamethasone 0.05% right here because I suffer from the occasional bout of eczema on my hands, should I use this in conjunction with stretching techniques and how would I apply it properly? I am hopeful that one day with some advice I will have a normal willy. Thanks happy.gif

AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Time to conquer the fear

January 2 2012, 6:14 AM 

Action cures fear. That's the only answer. You'll just have to bit the bullet and pull the skin back. That's the only way you'll know how far it will go and how much work you need to do.

As you needing to clean and retract for sex, that's overrated. So far, you haven't suffered adverse reactions to lack of cleaning, have you? You won't! You've also indicated pleasure in masturbation with the range of motion you now have. What's to change?

OK now, the skin retracts a ways over the head, right. Are two fingers larger in diameter than the head is at the point of retraction? They will go in. Lube them uip slightly if you need some assistance.

The medicine you have sounds right. Apply it very sparingly, after stretching, only to the tightest part at the end of the foreskin. You may feel a little ring of tissue inside. That's the spot. Rub the substance thoroughly into the skin. ''

The foreskin won't tear from these exercises. You should feel some slight discomfort at the optimal tension, but neer pain.

This message has been edited by jimsplacetofixthings on Jan 3, 2012 6:30 AM

J.R.
(no login)

Bit the bullet, as well as I could...

January 2 2012, 6:57 AM 

Okay, so I braced myself and slowly got it back as far as I could go, the limit for me appears to be oddly enough a tiny bit past half-way. It starts to feel a bit tight at that point, so that appears to be my limit for now. And I've attempted to stretch with the fingers again, I'm still not fitting them through the opening band/ring of the foreskin, I don't think my foreskin is quite long enough, but I'll try again anyway. Also, should I be careful not to get any betamethasone on the glans (cause I know the stuff is pretty potent)? Thanks for the tips happy.gif

Jim
Forum Owner

Job ahead

January 2 2012, 10:20 AM 

OK, thanks for response. If two fingers won't go in, get one in. You might also try pulling the foreskin away from the glans ot see if two will then go in.

Yes, try to keep the steroid off the glans.

J.R.
(no login)

Having a bit of difficulty

January 3 2012, 2:10 AM 

I'm assuming that this is the stretch you mean?http://pages.suddenlink.net/manual_methods/phimosis.html
Because I'm finding it utterly impossible to achieve, I simply cannot open the tip of my foreskin wide enough and I cannot pull it far enough outwards to fit the tip of my finger in lengthwise. So I did some checks and measurements, the opening of my foreskin is only 5mm in diameter when relaxed, the band/ring is 10mm in diameter, I only have about 5mm of "overhang" from the tip of the head. When I grab the tip with my index fingers and thumbs I can stretch the band/ring wider to about 32mm and I can pull it outwards about 8-10mm, not long enough to fit even the tip of my pinkie finger in to do the above stretch.

I'm oh so confused by all of this. Is the above the correct stretch, because I can't quite do it? It seems like the only thing I'm capable of doing is retracting as far as possible, holding it and repeating. What am I doing wrong...

J.R.
(no login)

Spoke to soon.

January 3 2012, 2:24 AM 

Okay, I spoke too soon with the response I just made, I just managed to get one pinky finger in there it's definitely too tight or too unmanageable to get a second in, but I'm a bit confused as to what I'm meant to do with just one finger, do I need to pinch the other side with my free hand and pull it in the opposite direction to stretch it out? Thanks for the help happy.gif

Jim
Forum Owner

That should work

January 3 2012, 6:33 AM 

In addition, you may also grab the lips of the opening on each side and pull them apart. During the first two or three weeks, you should get some pretty good progess which will allow you to get that second finger in soon.

(Login Paul_B.)

Sounds like you are getting there.

January 3 2012, 11:23 AM 

In response to your initial comments, it isn't actually necessary to "clean" under the foreskin, and it certainly isn't necessary to retract for "sex". The fact that you masturbate - and enjoy it - answers both these matters; it is clearly fully pleasurable to do so and intercourse (or any other sexual activity) would work just the same and you are in the process massaging out any loose material which might accumulate under the foreskin, the fact that it will not retract at present actually prevents external contamination from getting in.

There is a concern that forcibly retracting your foreskin could get it "stuck" in the retracted position (and require it promptly to be slightly more forcibly pulled forward again by gripping on both sides immediately behind the stuck part and pulled forward over the head), so you should only attempt this gently from time to time to "test" your progress in stretching. Stretching will be more effectively be by getting a finger or fingers inside.

It appears you have developed the primary skill to do this - pulling the foreskin forward so it is "on the stretch" while you slip the finger through the opening. That is the key. To actually stretch with one finger, you simply practice getting the largest finger in that you can, and the eventual largest is your thumb, after which you would be working with two little fingers and in a position to lever them apart. It would certainly be easier to do this if you had an extra hand! That is why we refer to the use of torpedo-shaped dilators such as certain marker pens or such as can be crafted from modelling materials.

Lubrication of the inserted finger or object helps, but not if it gets on the gripping fingers of course. This all gets easier with practice.

Please read through to find my other descriptions on the correct application of betamethasone.

J.R.
(no login)

Thanks

January 3 2012, 5:21 PM 

Thanks for the responses, I completely get it now haha and I'll keep at it and I'll keep updates here, however about you saying that retraction is unnecessary for cleaning and sex, you're right about the cleaning, from what I can see at the moment, I'm clean down there, but in terms of sex, yes I did say I was enjoying masturbation BUT I have to often masturbate a peculiar way to avoid hurting myself because it is quite tight when hard, it wont easily go back any further than about 1/5 when hard, I can slowly pull it back slightly further but not significantly, which does make it difficult to masturbate normally, but I understand what you're saying.

I'm going to keep up with the stretching, I've already noticed a bit of a change in the last 2 days alone but I expect it take it's time. Thanks for the responses, I will keep you posted.

Current Topic - How do I stretch the foreskin correctly?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.