<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How to apply Betamethasone Cream

March 30 2012 at 12:38 PM
Dean  (no login)

This is a sort of continuation of this thread ---->http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/thread/1329345777/last-1331497600/Tight+Foreskin-Phimosis+advice

Anyway, went back to the doctors and said about the betamethasone cream and he said it would definitely help and prescribed it, but i forgot to ask how to actually apply the cream. Is there anyway in particular to apply the cream, any specific areas to avoid applying the cream to, or is it pretty safe? Also when and how often should it be applied.

Thanks in advance,

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Details

March 30 2012, 1:34 PM 

The tight ring is the only part which really needs help, so locate that first. Apply the cream very sparingly to that area. On some guys, it is just on the inside of the opening. If you're still pretty tight, you may have to roll back the skin partway to reveal the tight area. Rub the substance into the tissue until it disappears. Avoid putting it on other areas such as the glans. Apply AFTER stretching. Twice a day should work.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Oh dear!

March 30 2012, 9:06 PM 

I didn't mention it in regard to that previous thread, but if you have been reading the posts here in detail, you would have noticed that I always specify not the cream, but the ointment form which sticks where it is put, requires less to be applied and penetrates the skin more effectively.

Now, in 5691266693396009941331148473S93gVJtNwqeSpVJqxUf0_m.JPG this picture that you posted before, what you have is the tight part forming a constriction, and your inner foreskin (which is not tight,) extruded through it. What you want is to apply the steroid only around that tight area where there is a "step" between the end of the outer foreskin and the part that has been pushed out through it forming a "nipple", essentially just at the base of that little nipple. When you do this little manoeuvre, by bringing the tight part onto the outside, you make it quite easy to apply the steroid cream/ ointment.

And specifically, you only apply the very tiniest dab, all around that tight ring so that it rubs in and there is none excess to wipe onto any other part. Because you want it to stay where it is put, you apply it after stretching rather than before, and arguably you also pee first so you do not have to again for a while - I suspect you would generally do that anyway.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - How to apply Betamethasone Cream
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.