Picture Posting. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may provide a link to a picture hosting site. Pictures which are posting within the body of your writing often are too large to fit the page and they distort the finished product and make it difficult to read. By using a hosting site, you help us to do a better job of helping you to solve your problem. A suggested site is www.imgur.com.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

questions about phimosis

May 7 2012 at 8:47 AM
stu  (no login)

Hello

Great forum btw

Just wanted to get some advice, ive had phimosis all my life as far as i can remember im now 23 ive never had a problem with it, sex is normal etc but now ive decided to do something about it anyway, i can only retract a bit when flacid about 20%

I went to the doctor and i sugested stretching which he agreed with so have been doing that, the stretches which you show here, ive been doing it probaly once or twice a day which i know isnt enough really ive seen some progress but not alot been stretching for 2 months on,off now, i find the most progress i get is from having sex with my long term gf i can nearly pull it back all the way afterwards but then goes back to normal later on

the problems i have are does a a penis that changes size throughtout the day affect stretching the foreskin i do physical work and find my penis is alot smaller during the day when working than when at night when im relaxed so because the penis is smaller the forskin get smaller aswell if that makes sense, Also since ive been stretching ive had a sore feeling throughtout the day mostly felt when working in the left side of the penis head there is a vein there so dont know if it has anything to do with that? I also went to the docs about that but he said he couldnt feel or see anything but there is defently a sore feeling And lastly ive found that the tip of my foreskin feels sensitive, i can feel it rubbing on my underwear which is uncomfortable and my penis feels sore after i pee like a stabbing sensation so was wondering is this maybe yeast or a uti?

Thanks you for reading!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

You guys make it great

May 7 2012, 1:38 PM 

Without you, Paul and I would have little to talk about!

Yeast can cause some pain. Are you having sex with or without protection? Do you use soap to wash your penis, especially the inside parts? The use of soap can lead to problems with yeast, so it in not recommended. Treat for it. If the pain goes away, that was the problem.

If your foreskin is retracting slightly, the glans mey be exposed, causing some pain from rubbing on your underwear. Make sure it's forward.

The penis very definitely changes sizes throughout the day, reacting to changes in temperature and other factors. However, the reversion to former size that you are experiencing with the opening is due to insuffcient stressing of the cells. You must stretch frequently to find progress. Otherwise, the cells are programed to return to their original state. Stretching encourages permanent changes to occur.

Where are you?

Respond to this message   
stu
(no login)

Re: You guys make it great

May 7 2012, 3:14 PM 

Yh i have unprotected sex ive been with my gf for nearly 5 years and never had any problems before do you think its best to use protection even with a long term partner? I find my forskin stretches the most after sex i can nearly pull it all the way back when flacid.

I dont wash under my forskin with soap maybe the outside a little bit but i normally have a clean watered bath or shower and try to pull back as far as possible which isnt that far to wash or flush it out.

Basically i went to the doctors explaining the sore feeling on the left side, he examined it and said he saw a bit of discharge and said it maybe some yeast so prescribed me some cream to use for seven days it didnt go away so went back he examined again and said in his opionion he couldnt feel or see anything abnormal apart from phimosis so nothing was wrong and had to put up with the feeling i do find its worse at work like the moving around makes me feel it more any ideas?

As for the rubbing on my boxers my penis shrinks to a small size leaving excess foreskin so the glands dont rub, i was also thinking maybe a sensitive meatius maybe?

Its annoying cause ive never had a problem with my phimosis up untill i started to do something about it

Im based in the uk and thanks for such a swift reply

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Unusually smart doctor!

May 7 2012, 3:56 PM 

The normal function of the penis is to "spring" back into the body (note that most animals do this even more effectively than we humans) when not in use, and particularly in order to be protected - when you are active. wink.gif It does so particularly when you are cold - and it is somewhat more difficult to get an erection when you are cold anyway. Since the only time the skin is provoked to stretch, is when you actually stretch it, how small the foreskin springs back to afterward makes no difference. In fact, you want it to be just that elastic.

Of course you haven't had problems and sex is "normal" with a foreskin that does not retract. It's almost "normal" without a foreskin at all - that is, circumcised, so having a non-retracting foreskin is actually somewhat similar. Mind you, if you stretch it up to retract, then you can do things a circumcised fellow never can (and those things are valuable).

I have to observe that if having sex encouraged your foreskin to stretch and retract, you should be perfectly retractile by now, shouldn't you? Well, it does help a little, but the prolonged stretching is the main focus.

It is reported that you will notice some irritation from stretching, which just means that something is happening. This may vary from time to tome, sometimes noticeable, sometimes not. It is also possible that the minor trauma can predispose to "Thrush" (Candida; yeast, which you can exchange with your girlfriend) so it might be worth trying treatment for that if there is substantial irritation.

Respond to this message   
stu
(no login)

Re: Unusually smart doctor!

May 9 2012, 12:59 PM 

Hi paul

I find after sex my foreskin loosens up alot enough to pull it back but i find it goes back to normal after probaly a sign that i dont stretch enough to retain it, is this normal if you dont constantly stretch?

Ive also found i have a uti, do you think this is because of the phimosos? And do you think this may be hindering my stretching?

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Your foreskin

May 10 2012, 5:50 AM 

is supposed to "spring back" after use. You are not looking for this short-term "stretchability", but for a gradual loosening of both how far it gets to after stretching, and how tight it goes back to.

What makes you think you have a UTI? What symptoms, and what tests? With a foreskin that you cannot retract, it is even more important to test a true "mid-stream" specimen where you did not stop, but were peeing with a full stream before, all the time during and after placing the specimen container in the stream.

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Here's Your Sign

May 10 2012, 8:30 AM 

You think you have a UTI? Why do you think that? Have you seen a doctor? If you really think you have a UTI, you need treatment Get it tested.

Yes, you are getting a sign that you need to stretch more. How long have you had this problem?

Respond to this message   
stu
(no login)

Re: Here's Your Sign

May 10 2012, 1:44 PM 

Yh i went to the docs where i did a urine test came back positive with uti, i went after starting to feel funny, im now on antibiotics.

Ive had phimosis all my life as far as i remember but its never caused my any problems,so i guess cause ive had it so long its going to take longer to fix, i find it responds to stretching when having intercourse but find it dosnt retain once been stretched, like you said need to stretch more

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Either have more sex or start stretching

May 10 2012, 2:12 PM 

Our recommendation is for stretching at least twice a day. Doing so eventually programs the skin to grow. Otherwise, it is naturally programmed to tighten up.

Respond to this message   
Paul B.
(Login Paul_B.)

Careful about that sex though!

May 10 2012, 2:50 PM 

As long as the urine specimen was taken strictly according to my description above, then presumably you do have a UTI. The question is - why? It is possible that having a non-retractile foreskin does allow for some persistence of bowel bacteria (from having sex of course, where bacteria are spread all over the place even if you do not engage in anal activities) and increases the chances of a UTI, but that is not the primary mechanism.

A UTI in a male generally dictates a need for a little investigation, an ultrasound of the renal tract for starters.

That said, in a young fellow, sexual activity is the primary source. Whilst women get "honeymoon cystitis" not uncommonly, men can also. Hygienic measures are indicated (for both partners), such as attention to full showering after bowel motions, desirably before intercourse also (always a nice idea), avoiding soap on the genitals (but a little may be used around the anus) and a good drink of water before and peeing shortly after sex.

And of course - lubrication!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.