Picture Posting. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may provide a link to a picture hosting site. Pictures which are posting within the body of your writing often are too large to fit the page and they distort the finished product and make it difficult to read. By using a hosting site, you help us to do a better job of helping you to solve your problem. A suggested site is www.imgur.com.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

intresting site, i have a question.

June 13 2012 at 4:21 PM
  (no login)

this is an interresting site for dealing with a tight forskin.
my case is not so severe, but i have one question that is not related to solving the problem, but how it hapend.

im 32 years old and until a few weeks ago my foreskin was never tight, i could roll it easy back even when errect and mastrubating, i had actualy room to spare.
then one day it got tight suddenly, the dat before this i mastrubated.
first i thought it was an infection becouse the upper part of the skin was very red, but now i wonder if i mastrubated too hard and damaged the skin?
thinking back i mastrubated with some force, but not realy more then at other times.

so i am a bit confused what can cause this so suddenly and if its common?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim
(Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Not from action

June 14 2012, 9:22 AM 

It is very likely a yeast infection, although I don't they such comes on so suddenly. Is there any itching or soreness? Try applying a yeast control medicine you can get over the counter at your pharmacy.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

And

June 14 2012, 2:46 PM 

Particularly if you happen to be overweight and if the "Thrush" medication resolves the problem, make sure you see a doctor for a blood test (possibly a finger prick) for diabetes.

Sad to say, but this would be the more common reason for the sudden onset of Candida problems in "middle age"!

Respond to this message   
ivo
(no login)

maybe yes

June 18 2012, 3:25 AM 

yes i am overwight and my mother has diabetes.
i tested a year ago for diabetes becouse of the family risk, but at that time no diabetes was detected.
maybe i should check again to be sure.

about an itch, i only have an itch one or twice a week.
so far i believed it was becouse of bad cleaning, becouse everytime i cleaned good under the skin the itch went away.
but now that i think about it maybe its becouse i wash away some of the yeast infection?

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Yeast doesn't wash away

June 18 2012, 8:15 AM 

Continue treating with the medicine for at least a week after symptoms disappear. Do not use soap to clean!

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Itching is a very strong clue.

June 18 2012, 2:10 PM 

Strongly indicates yeast - "Candida".

As well as double-checking on the diabetes possibility, simply treat for the Candida as persistently as it takes.

And it is extremely important not to use soap or any marketed "substitute" such as "shower gel", "liquid soap" or even "soap substitute" to wash your foreskin and glans. The reason for this advice, is that soap removes the protective oils from the skin and causes it to dry out, become fragile and irritated, allowing pathological bacteria, yeasts and fungi to thrive in the area.

Respond to this message   
ivo
(no login)

Re: Itching is a very strong clue.

June 24 2012, 9:57 AM 

paul and jim,

its not that i dont apriciate the help, but frankly the advice to use a drugs persistently on such minimal information seems irresponsible to me.

first of all, the amount of "itchyness" is not realy differrent then say a year ago, so how can this be any indication?
besides that there can be dozens of reasons to have an itch even when you are perfectly fine.

second i looked up too what candida amounts(www.candida.nl) and it seems a much more serious inbalance that goes way beyond a mere local inconvenience.
i think you mean something more like a local yeast inbalance and that aplying a cream to counter that can help.
i can imagine that is the case, i even find it likly, but understand that i will confirm this theorie with a doktor before i actualy go about using medincines in hoping it is correct.

Respond to this message   

(Login Paul_B.)

Well, suit yourself!

June 24 2012, 3:30 PM 

Our advice comes down to two things.

First, the symptoms of itch. Contrary to your assertion, there are not really "dozens of reasons to have an itch even when you are perfectly fine", at least in your case. Use of soap (by any pseudonym) is in itself a very common provocative factor and Candida most certainly is another.

While not everything there is quite correct, the site you cite does point out that Candida is frequently present in the bowel and to a lesser extent, on the skin, and not all infestations (the site does mention that the word "infection" is not entirely appropriate) are dramatic, so a recurrent itch actually suggests intermittent overgrowth which on most occasions, resolves spontaneously.

The second point is that you clearly describe a critical episode with sudden damage to your foreskin, which you yourself believed to be an "infection". Now the simple fact is that most "infections" of the foreskin are either Candida alone, or are secondary to a Candidal infestation, and many if not most are provoked by the use of soap, damaging the skin or mucous membrane and facilitating the ingress of the hyphae into the skin layers.

The Netherlands Candida site does not post Candida as a "much more serious imbalance that goes way beyond a mere local inconvenience". It correctly observes that the Candida is generally a commensal - an organism that is present in the bowel which is relatively harmless and may even be quite helpful in some circumstances as many bacteria in the bowel are.

Candida is yeast, and the treatment is the treatment. All we have said, is that you treat it until the problem is visibly resolved, and for some time longer to reduce the "load" of the organism to a level at which it will not return soon.

Respond to this message   
Jim
Forum Owner

Odds

June 24 2012, 5:03 PM 

The odds are that you have a simple yeast infection. In using a safe over-the-counter medicine to kill the yeast, you are doing no harm and will probably cure the problem. If the problem doesn't go away, then it's something else, but there isn't much else it could be based upon what you have said. Is there more that you haven't told us?

You are always free to consult a doctor who may or may not be able to tell you the truth. Many men have lost their foreskins by believing things that were exagerated.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - intresting site, i have a question.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.