<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

short frenulum and stretched meatus

December 2 2012 at 4:47 PM
MikeD  (no login)

Good afternoon and congratulations on your enlightening forum.
As far as I have read so far, I have not encountered my problem in the previous threads.

I am 25 years old and have had a normal sexual life with my girlfriend so far. About 6 months ago after a clumsy fast move my frenulum was very
slightly longer and this was due to a tiny tear (no bleeding or pain at all) near the meatus (i think its called the frenulum delta).
I reduced the sexual frequency to 4-8 times a month but during the next 5 months I could see the frenulum area attached to the glans constantly changing and getting "detached" from the glans little by little. On the other hand the whole frenulum was becoming harder and shorter every time it was stretched (in regular intercourse using condom). And my problem is the following; as the frenulum became harder the meatus started stretching every time and the opening has doubled from what it used to be so far (each time I could feel a minor annoying tingling for a couple of days after on my meatus).

So to prevent further damage I visited a urologist and he suggested that the frenulum is short and should be removed, but the meatus has normal dimensions.

I am afraid that performing the stretching exercises that you suggest in your forum might increase the opening of the meatus as the area is extremely thin after the last months. Do you have any ideas like y-shaped incision that elongates the frenulum instead of frenectomy?
Thank you for your time in advance.

AuthorReply
Jim
(Premier Login jimsplacetofixthings)
Forum Owner

Why are you afraid?

December 3 2012, 5:16 AM 

I can't forsee a problem in stretching the frenulum, nor do I see that it will enlarge the meatus. I prefer the concept of skin expansion over surgery. You'll lessen the chances for errors and there is no healing time.

This message has been edited by jimsplacetofixthings on Dec 3, 2012 1:03 PM

(Login Paul_B.)

Do it yourself.

December 3 2012, 12:54 PM 

Interesting concept that your meatus might be being enlarged (though the urologist being extremely familiar with them, suggests it is perfectly normal) - so are you suggesting that this is actually causing any problem at all? The only likely problem would be in affecting your aim, and that presuming that you normally pee with your foreskin pulled back (do you?).

If you have indeed been researching here, you will note that we advise stretching of the frænulum always by pulling forward on the lower part of the foreskin at the point where the frænulum blends into the foreskin proper. This means that the point where the other end of the frænulum approaches the meatus is pulled forward tending to close it if anything, and the very opposite to stretching it.

Stretching the frænulum in this way avoids creating (further uncomfortable) scarring such as results from surgery, also avoids the possible consequent infection, nor does it inhibit normal sexual function at all. It certainly takes time and may cause some soreness, but this allows you to adjust the amount of tension you employ accordingly.

Current Topic - short frenulum and stretched meatus
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Please note - use "Preview" to check what you have written and how it will appear before you "Respond", and because this forum is moderated, you will not then see your submission until the moderator has a chance to confirm it.