be copied or reproduced
without written permission.
Site hosted by
Now Assisting You.
Forums hosted by
Network 54.

Site designed and
maintained by

We are a group of friends who have come together because we share the common bond of caring for someone who has Trisomy 21. We are here to share therapy tips, medical issues, laughs, accomplishments and yes, even frustrations. We embrace what Trisomy 21 has brought into our lives. We feel that it has taught us to appreciate the true meaning of life. We count our children as blessings! We will fiercely protect them and fight for their lives to be valued just as all other peoples' are. We share our pictures, our stories and our hearts here not only to provide friendship and support for each other, but also in the hopes that others will open their minds and their hearts to our unique children and, in turn, make a better world for everyone.

Return to Trisomy 21 General Discussion Forum!  

Re: Lacia - quick question

June 19 2008 at 11:49 AM

Lacia & Kaia  (Login mom2kaia)

Response to Lacia - quick question

First off....I am WAY excited for you guys! WTG Marco!!!! The first week sucks, but after getting over that hurdle it isn't too bad.

It was about 2-3 months before she would initiate telling me. She would always answer yes or no when asked pretty much right from the start though, so I was content with that. I just kept asking her if she needed to go, and if she said no I would tell her "you tell mommy when you need to go potty ok?" Eventually she started telling me. And when she told me, she meant NOW!!! LOL. So it was literally drop everything I happened to be doing at that very instance and running her to the toilet as fast as I could! LOL.

She also had a time or two where she would go backwards, but I never gave up and within a couple days she was back on track. So if you find Marco regresses a bit, just hang in there, keep consistant with what your doing and he'll get back on track.

And one thing I noticed too is that after months of being trained with no accidents, Kaia went through a phase where she was having 1 or 2 accidents a day. She was like that for about a week or so. Her OT had told me that it is probabably due to a growth spurt. she said she noticed that Kaia had grown alot since she saw her (we see her once every 1 or 2 months) and it's very normal to regress a bit in toileting because the body is just adjusting itself. Makes sense to me I guess.

Hope that helps. sorry for the novel, I have a hard time keeping things short! LOL

Lacia - Mom to Nolan 5, Kaia 3-DS, Pierce born May 29/06

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on ParenthoodCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement