without written permission.

Site hosted by
Now Assisting You.
Forums hosted by
Network 54.

Site designed and
maintained by
Katrina.

We are a group of friends who have come together because we share the common bond of caring for someone who has Trisomy 21. We are here to share therapy tips, medical issues, laughs, accomplishments and yes, even frustrations. We embrace what Trisomy 21 has brought into our lives. We feel that it has taught us to appreciate the true meaning of life. We count our children as blessings! We will fiercely protect them and fight for their lives to be valued just as all other peoples' are. We share our pictures, our stories and our hearts here not only to provide friendship and support for each other, but also in the hopes that others will open their minds and their hearts to our unique children and, in turn, make a better world for everyone.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Trisomy 21 General Discussion Forum!  

prayers please

September 14 2008 at 12:59 AM

amy flege  (Login Maysonsmama)

My father in law is really sick so we are headed up to Mayo for a few days. If you could please say a prayer for him it would mean so much! they found out he has Pseudomona infection. When I google it, its NOT good. They took him out of his coma and he is in so much pain. He is in the ICU and tries to tell us he is ready to die. We are really scared of losing him. He is too young and this is not supposed to be happening to him!!!!!!!
My sister is going to stay with our older two and we will take Mayson. will update when I can!

Amy, mama to
Jayden 7/18/94
Rylee 10/26/97
Mayson 2/15/06(DS)
http://www.theflegefarm.blogspot.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Christine and Brady
(Login mum2brady)

Amy - will keep your FIL in our prayers.....

September 14 2008, 7:50 AM 

Brady had this infection in his ear, and they told me if it got into his blood, it would be very nasty. I'm so sorry that your FIL is dealing with it. We are keeping him in our prayers that he will be able to recover. They used a heavy duty antibiotic for us, and it took a couple of weeks, but it did finally clear up - I hope that the same is true for your FIL. I'm so sad he is in so much pain

Prayers being sent your way.

and

http://bradysbunch02.blogspot.com/

Respond to this message   
Tamara
(Login shawensmom)

You got it -

September 14 2008, 8:02 AM 

lots of them - take care, Amy -

Respond to this message   

Carol&Abigail
(Login momlorac)

Re: prayers please

September 14 2008, 8:23 AM 

He will be in my prayers

Carol mom to Abigail 8/16/04, Emily 8/7/98 & Adam 6/17/96

Respond to this message   
Carey
(Login Chelseasmommy)

Amy

September 14 2008, 3:06 PM 

we'll be praying for you. I'm so sorry. Keep us updated, ok?

www.cbranam.blogspot.com

Photobucket

Carey, mom of Logan, 5 (4/23/03), and Chelsea (T21), 2 (1/10/06)

[/img]
[/img]

Respond to this message   
Carey
(Login Chelseasmommy)

Amy

September 14 2008, 3:06 PM 

we'll be praying for you. I'm so sorry. Keep us updated, ok?

www.cbranam.blogspot.com

Photobucket

Carey, mom of Logan, 5 (4/23/03), and Chelsea (T21), 2 (1/10/06)

[/img]
[/img]

Respond to this message   
Jeanne
(Login jeanneandjoshua)

Prayers for all of you

September 14 2008, 5:47 PM 

I'm so sorry, Amy. I pray that his pain is relieved soon and he finds strength to come through this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeanne and Joshua

Blogging Down - Down syndrome Community Blog

Respond to this message   

cris
(Login maxnemmasmom)

Amy,

September 14 2008, 11:47 PM 

Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Hope Your FIL finds some relief soon.

Cris,Emma(7),Max(4),and Sam(2)

Respond to this message   

Kari and Tristan
(Login tristansmom)

September 15 2008, 8:40 AM 

Respond to this message   
Chris
(Login arianasmom)

Oh Amy

September 15 2008, 10:48 AM 

I just can't believe this. It's such a nightmare.Do they think it has been pseudomonas all along, or is this a new infection? If so, this hospital needs to be investigated. Ugh.

Hugs,
Chris

Ariana Azar (12/23/03)

Respond to this message   

amy flege
(Login Maysonsmama)

CHRIS

September 15 2008, 12:35 PM 

I would love to talk to you more about this whole situation. We are at our wits end.... We are supposed to be at one of the best clinics in the nation and things just keep getting worse. He did have staph a while back and now this. He is so much pain and they cant control it. He talks of dying and we just dont know what the next step should be. second opinion??
thanks in advance!

Amy, mama to
Jayden 7/18/94
Rylee 10/26/97
Mayson 2/15/06(DS)

Respond to this message   
Chris
(Login arianasmom)

That'sa really tough situation

September 15 2008, 6:47 PM 

Pseudomonas is a tough, aggressive infection. It's what burn victims get and it's nasty. It's distressing that he got it, because it means there was likely a break down in infection control somewhere- most likely in his original OHS. From the sounds of how it went, I have to think it was brewing all that time and they are trying to catch up to it now (I looked at your previous posts).

He'll just need really aggressive antibiotics, NUTRITION (this is important), hydration, and time. It's very frustrating because it shouldn't have happened. I'm sorry.

Chris

Ariana Azar (12/23/03)

Respond to this message   

amy flege
(Login Maysonsmama)

Thanks Chris!

September 15 2008, 7:42 PM 

Infections diseases came in today. They also believe he still has staph as well. Will it ever end?? We are so frustrated. I am just glad infectious diseases was finally called in. I have been trying to get my MIL to get them in there for a few months now... Sounds like its going to be a long long haul for him and our family.

Amy, mama to
Jayden 7/18/94
Rylee 10/26/97
Mayson 2/15/06(DS)

Respond to this message   
Megan
(Login abbysmommy)

September 15 2008, 12:54 PM 

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry to hear all of this. Prayers for your family.

Megan

Mommy to AJ (5 yrs) and Abby - T21 (9-14-05)

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Trisomy 21 General Discussion Forum!  
Find more forums on ParenthoodCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement