Return to Index  

OK, don't laugh but I have to ask...

June 9 2005 at 1:16 PM

sas  (Login sangelas)

Some of the suggestions to me below (all of which I greatly appreciate, BTW), ask about the possibility of fixing my left tube so I can just do IUI. My understanding from the doctors is the blockage there is substantial and it is at the very end of the tube near the ovary where it is more likely than not impossible to repair (normally in tube repair they take out the bocked section and put the remaining sections back together -- can't do that in this case b/c it's at the end). Also, my left tube & ovary are in a weird position, behind my uterus. Sometimes, they can even get the left ovary in the same sono shot as the right. Now, THIS made me think, especially after I read about that ovary transfer between sisters... why could they not somehow move my left ovary over by my right tube so both ovaries produce eggs capable of going into the one working tube.

Anyway...if any of you know of any mad scientists that would welcome this challenge, let me know! I don't see why it wouldn't work. This way they seal off the blocked tube and move everything over to the working tube. Sheer genius I tell you

OK, now tell me why this wouldn't work.

Susan

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. You know Susan, - Marianne on Jun 9, 1:33 PM
    1. Oh wait.... - Marianne on Jun 9, 1:35 PM
      1. Yep, my right tube is fine, - sas on Jun 9, 1:38 PM
    2. everything is elective at this point.... - sas on Jun 9, 1:37 PM

2. Not a dumb question...I once asked the Dr...M - Debbie on the Farm/Texas on Jun 9, 1:37 PM
    1. Hey deb, miss you too. - sas on Jun 9, 1:41 PM
      1. I will be .....M - Debbie on the Farm/Texas on Jun 9, 1:45 PM
        1. wee-hoo! sounds like a wild time! - sas on Jun 9, 2:06 PM
    2. Hahaha Debbie, I asked the same exact question! - Marianne on Jun 9, 1:41 PM
      1. That would be so awesome if they did!! What hope to give.n/t - Debbie on the Farm/Texas on Jun 9, 1:43 PM
      2. I didn't sleep last night and I'm tired, so this may not make sense - P.Williams on Jun 9, 3:30 PM

3. Susan, you are the best! - Julie S on Jun 9, 1:52 PM
  5. go sas! - barn rat on Jun 9, 3:53 PM
  7. What my RE told me - Laura on Jun 9, 4:30 PM
  9. I had surgery to unblock my tubes... - Maya3 on Jun 9, 6:05 PM
  11. Normally a tube moves freely enough that it can reach... - zanna on Jun 9, 6:53 PM
  13. Sas - Why don't you go get a 2nd opinion on that tube? Or 3rd? nt - meagain! on Jun 9, 8:59 PM