Return to Index  

I got back from my RE a little while ago...(m)

June 14 2005 at 5:50 PM

Rochelle  (Login rochelle_rg)

I haven't been around much because I completely took the last cycle off for my laparoscopy. He found a bit of endometriosis at the lap and had told my DH that he thought it would improve my fertility a small amount, but he apparently did more research on the effects of removing that amount of endometriosis since then and told me today that he expected that my fertility would be up by about 50%! For the next six months or so, anyway. Anyway, he said that he thought another IUI or two would be totally reasonable to do in light of that, before going to IVF. Another compelling reason to not rush to IVF is that they are having problems with their facility here and for the next six months or so they are sending patients to the next clinic an hour and a half away. Anyway, we have definitely decided to go ahead and do an IUI for the next cycle (I'm already too far into this one), then if that doesn't catch we would have to take the next one off because we'll be traveling.

Meanwhile, I started DHEA at the beginning of last cycle (the lap cycle) and BOY am I having a lot of EWCM today! This is the most I've had in just months and months and months. It's kinda early in my cycle (CD 10, hadn't even started peeing on sticks yet) but I think I'll try to interest DH anyway this evening.

I feel almost guilty for feeling upbeat when there is a lot of sadness on the board today. But between the news about the 50% increased chance (and here I thought I'd probably gone through all that pain for nothing) and all this EWCM, I'm feeling downright hopeful! Which is something I really haven't been for a while.

Rochelle

Rochelle (41), Bob (44) and Laurel (4)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23d1b

The WeatherPixie

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Rochelle... - sas on Jun 14, 6:35 PM
  3. hey - your good news HELPS!!! - barn rat on Jun 14, 7:08 PM
  5. Personally, I think this sounds SUPER . . . - MichelleL on Jun 14, 10:30 PM
  7. YOU must be a mind reader!! I have been so thinking of you!! - Debbie on the farm/Texas on Jun 14, 10:45 PM
    1. How many mgs are you taking of dhea??? Thanks n/t - Debbie on the farm/Texas on Jun 14, 10:53 PM

8. Good to see you back! - AtlantaDebbie on Jun 14, 10:50 PM
  10. Yeah for the good news Rochelle! - Candace on Jun 14, 10:52 PM
  12. Upbeat is wonderful! - Carol A. on Jun 15, 7:04 AM
  14. Hopeful is always good...(m) - Sue (cubin) on Jun 15, 8:19 AM
  16. well alrighty! - Sylvia on Jun 15, 10:25 AM