Return to Index  

Adding to the annals of "why her, why not us" (SIL's pg mentioned)

September 5 2005 at 4:31 PM

Carol A.  (Premier Login Carol_S_A)

A week ago my MIL told DH his youngest sister had to have biopsies done of two lumps, one in her breast, last Monday. Well, this morning he learned that the biopsy story was some kind of bizarre coverup (we can't figure out how or for what purpose). She isn't ill. She is pregnant. She has two other children by different fathers, neither of who stayed with her. She's sort of bought into the urban culture 'baby daddy' thing. She works as a teacher's aide and makes very little money. She lives in subsidized housing and her daughters' health care is paid by the state. Her children are mostly cared for by various grandparents. We've helped her out when there have been opportunities.

DH is mad, MIL is crying, and mostly I just think it's awful that her child won't be celebrated, because it certainly isn't the child's fault. But I also think it sucks that she is having another child she can't handle, while we are struggling to ttc #2 who would, if I do say so myself, have an awesome life with us.

Carol (41)
DH (40)
DS (11 months)(Clomid/IUI)
m/c 11/02
ttc #2
CD3 Clomid/IUI #4 Cycle

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I hear ya..... - Jello on Sep 5, 2005, 4:41 PM
    1. Sounds like she was at least happy about it - Carol A. on Sep 6, 2005, 7:35 AM

2. Wow. m - justine on Sep 5, 2005, 4:48 PM
    1. Thanks, Justine - Carol A. on Sep 6, 2005, 7:36 AM

3. Amen, Carol! - Lynn on Sep 5, 2005, 6:28 PM
    1. There was a woman like that here in Philly - Carol A. on Sep 6, 2005, 7:39 AM

4. Carol- life is not fair... - Teresa on Sep 5, 2005, 7:20 PM
    1. Don't misunderstand - Carol A. on Sep 6, 2005, 7:32 AM
      1. Biopsy Story DISGUSTING-Other excuses??? - cazlou on Sep 6, 2005, 2:11 PM
        1. Say you pulled your back out and - Anita on Sep 6, 2005, 7:59 PM
        2. I agree with Anita - Carol A. on Sep 6, 2005, 8:01 PM