Return to Index  

Pat(or anyone else I have a couple of questions for you regarding HSG's versus other tests

January 7 2006 at 6:28 PM
Jadu  (Login kalyani)

I am a little confused about the differences between HSG, saline sonograms and laparacopies and when they should be done and which one sees what. After my last mc the RE I went to see in NYC did a saline sonogram on me and I was wondering if that is just as good as having the dye injected. I am not even sure I have the names straight in my head. Also why would someone do a laparoscopy. Are there some things you cannot see on a saline sonogram such as the one that I had? He told me that everything looked good in my uterus, no fibroids or anything and that my ovaries looked good. But could he tell also about my tubes? Or can you only have that evaluation with the one with the dye? Is an HSG done with a dye?

thanks in advance!!
jadu

me: 44
DP: 42
5 dear angels (Last prg was at age 43 with twins)

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/48ee6

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Jadu -- you are right these tests will show only certain things . . . - MichelleL on Jan 7, 2006, 11:47 PM
  3. The HSG and Salinopinogram are similar in that both use dye (m) - Pat on Jan 8, 2006, 9:40 AM
    1. Please ignore - mistake - Anonymous on Jan 8, 2006, 1:21 PM
    2. I had an HSG - DaisyUK on Jan 8, 2006, 1:30 PM
      1. I had all done 2 weeks ago - Meagain! on Jan 8, 2006, 8:32 PM

4. Thanks everyone for responding! - Jadu on Jan 9, 2006, 12:22 PM