Return to Index  

Hi Cazlou....I am going the DE route now

January 10 2006 at 8:40 AM
  (Login Joycetay)

Response to Looking for non-biased opinions of moral dilemna for donor eggs

and my DH and I are going to be in the tell camp for our child. There are many good books out there...on how to approach that subject when the time comes. I went the anonymous route...as I am 44 years old...and most of my friends are around that age...too old to donate for me. The clinic gave a toddler picture of the donor....and a 6 page profile on the donor...her likes and dislikes...medical information from her and her family and briefly what she looks like. She sounds really sweet. I don't want to meet the donor...as she does not want to be known....she is supplying me with an egg to get pg...and I will be the mommy (god willing). I am, however, going to do the umbilical cord freezing ...just in case there is some health issue somewhere down the road. DE was not a hard decision for us..we want to be parents so badly. I feel, when you get ready to tell the child, we can always tell them that we needed help from some very special people. Good luck to you!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. i am going the donor egg route also - chris on Jan 10, 12:49 PM
    1. Chris, I am very interested in DE and have been trying to decide (m) - Carol on Jan 10, 1:20 PM
      1. Carol, it is not the pg rate that you should be - LisaA on Jan 10, 5:05 PM
      2. hi carol - chris on Jan 10, 5:37 PM
        1. Chris, how generous of you to share this info! - Jadu on Jan 10, 6:01 PM
          1. thanks jadu - chris on Jan 10, 6:34 PM
            1. Chris - List of Donors - cazlou on Jan 11, 1:05 PM
        2. Chris, THANK YOU so much for the info...(m) - Carol on Jan 11, 1:04 PM