Return to Index  

Wait, cazlou, I think you are reading the table incorrectly . . .

January 10 2006 at 12:44 PM

MichelleL  (Login MichelleinWa)

Response to Thanks - That is very nice of you!

This data was just posted, so it is new to me, too. But in the donor section, there is no differentiation for age of the woman -- just division into fresh cycle and frozen cycle (the columns at the top do not apply to this data). For fresh, they had 100% positive betas, with 82% of those going on to seeing a heartbeat. With the one frozen cycle, it was successful in seeing a heartbeat (the dashes indicate that there is no pregnancy per retrival data, as there is no retrieval with a frozen transfer) but the second number (100) indicates it was successful. So they had 13 donor egg cycles this year, with all 13 women having positive betas and 10 of them having heartbeats.

It is true that they had no transfers using the woman's own frozen eggs in anyone over 37, but of the two transfers using frozen eggs in younger women, one was successful.

Overall their rate for over 40 using their own eggs -- they had 40% of the 40-42 resulting in a heartbeat and an astounding 67% in the over 42 (2 out of 3) resulting in a heartbeat.

I think these numbers look very good for older moms and granted, they are based on a small number of cycles (a total of 12 for 40 and over), it is a nice start.

So look one more time at this data, cazlou.

MichelleL
ttc #3 (#1 for DH)

This message has been edited by MichelleinWa on Jan 10, 2006 12:51 PM

Respond to this message