(New to the forum) seek advise (MM20 / 1938 / Azimuth)June 17 2005 at 1:22 AM
|Jack H. (no login)|
I've been reading this forum for a while but never really posted. Just wanna say what a great resource this is! Thanks everyone.
I have some question about the 3 watches. I have seen quite a few of you purchased them and I am very close to ordering one myself.
I wanna hear your opinion before biting the bullet -
1. MM20 - to me its very similar to the Panerai, is this considered to be a hi quality watch or is it more of a Poor Man's version? What do collectors think?
2. 1938 - I have not seen one like it except in the vintage model, i do like the dial design but for those who have already gotten one, is the size similar to Panerai?
3. Azimuth - again, is this a tribute / hommage watch to the IWC big pilot? Or is it a tribute to another military watch?
Thanks for any input!
- IMHO>>> - John in NJ on Jun 17, 2005, 2:19 AM
- I can only speak for the MM20 - dave on Jun 17, 2005, 2:29 AM
- My opinion: - Niclas L on Jun 17, 2005, 3:43 AM
- The Azimuth is a homage watch to the WWII pilot B-Uhren. And a very good one actually. - Hªªgen on Jun 17, 2005, 4:02 AM
- Follow your heart :-) (nt) - jetan on Jun 17, 2005, 7:22 AM
- thank you all for your input. Great resource. I have decided.... - Jack H. on Jun 18, 2005, 5:22 PM