Return to Index  

Another 6152 Project.. with a twist!... lolol

September 24 2009 at 5:17 AM
Adeeos  (Login Adeeos)

I LOVE the 6152.. RIGHT behind the 3646 of course... I've built myself several of them over the years with various movements,, but I ALWAYS seem to get, "talked out of them", by friends.. I haven't had one in a couple of years,, But have been slowly collecting the parts for another,, I modded a standard case to accept the plastic crystal the same way the originals were done.. My last 6152 left me with an original crystal on it,, But I measured the profile of it before it got away so I could make my own crystals in the same dimensions.. I also made the dial from an original dial.. I dropped in a Hamilton 921 movement,, (BEAUTIFUL they are).. I've always been a HUGE fan of the solid backs, for the vintage look/feel/accuracy.. but it's almost a crime to cover-up such a beautiful movement,,, The "standard" clear backs just don't do it for me,,,
6152Hamilton921web.jpg

So after a few Corona's.. and some brainstorming,, I got to thinking,, HOW cool would it be if you could have the best of BOTH worlds???... some MORE brainstorming,, some MORE Corona's, MUCHO time on the machines and welder,, led to THIS!!!...
6152FlipBackweb.jpg

It's NOT finished yet,, No hands of course,, and the back needs some more polish work,,, but it DID come out sooooo well,, that I think I'm going to HAVE to take it to the next level!.. I turned down the original donor pocket watch case back, and will be inserting it into the flip-back.. Hope you enjoy it!''
6152FlipBackRolexweb.jpg

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement