<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RXW Anti Magnetic plate

September 24 2009 at 10:25 PM
Toffee Tionko  (Login tomasito)

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has experience with taking out the anti-magnetic plate of an RXW. There seems to something wrong with the winding of my MM25. I can't get past the anti-magnetic plate. There is a small screw that releases the stem but thats about it. The Anti-magnetic plate won't move.

Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DonJ
(Login BlackspeedF355)

Re: RXW Anti Magnetic plate

September 30 2009, 1:40 AM 

I have never taken it of my Plasmir because I have the Sapphire case back, but as I look at it. It seems that it should float between the case back and movement with a gasket between them. There are a lot of MM20 owners here that have torn them apart to build customs and someone should have a better answer.

How long ago did you purchase you MM25! If it was recent you should contact RXW and see what they'll do for you. I've had great customer service from them so far.

I would also post pic so we can see what the issue is.

Regards,
Don

Respond to this message   
Toffee Tionko
(Login tomasito)

MM25 Caseback Pic

October 6 2009, 11:45 AM 

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Sorry for the poor pic. I just used my phone. You will see the open caseback of the MM25. What is on now is the anti-magnetic plate. I can't get past this. Its really a tight fit and i can't find the seams. That hole allows access to a small screw that when loosened takes out the stem. The anti magnetic plate won't fall off and forcing it open will surely damage the metal.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

Cheers!

Respond to this message   
Don
(Login BlackspeedF355)

I'm not sure I think it to tap the hole anti clockwise

October 7 2009, 4:21 AM 

you might break it loose. Have you contacted RXW and do you have an independent watch maker in your area?

Ask Hitman I think he builds Homage pieces..

This message has been edited by BlackspeedF355 on Oct 7, 2009 4:28 AM

Respond to this message   
Toffee Tionko
(Login tomasito)

MM25

October 7 2009, 3:19 PM 

I don't have the e-mail of RXW. I'd love to have it.

I have a reliable watch maker and as soon as I find out how to open the anti magnetic plate, it won't be a problem.

Thanks

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement