Making Real Progress (m)by (Login TigerRats)
I am a small person and 5 lbs is a size on me, so even though I probably haven't lost the 10 lbs (I'm estimating I've lost 8, I haven't weighed in lately) it's making a big difference.
Here is all I am doing:
(1) We got a dog and I walk him half an hour a day.
(2) I used to take one hour long Pilates class a week, now I take 2 to 3 per week.
(3) I (almost) never eat ice cream. I only occasionally eat frozen yogurt, and sometimes I eat Arctic Zero (very low cal).
(4) I never was much of a drinker but I have pretty much been avoiding alcohol.
(5) I am drinking Kambucha tea (about 60 calories per bottle) and occasionally chrysanthemum tea (which has 80 cal per can). I used to always avoid liquids with calories; that may not have been a great idea.
(6) I have been sucking on sugar free hard candies sometimes when sweet cravings hit. It helps!
(7) I have been eating those 100 calorie bags of popcorn. Let me explain. I love love love popcorn, but I couldn't eat it for years because of gum problems. My gums have gotten way better (due to long term use of an electric toothbrush) and now I can eat popcorn again, which is really exciting!
(8) Every Friday night, I have 2 pieces of vegan pizza from Whole Foods. It's like a ritual that ends my work week. It tastes decadent and probably isn't that fattening. I hope -- I really don't know.
(9) I'm trying really hard not to obsess about calories. I still do it; old habits are hard to break, but not obsessing works so much better than obsessing.
(10) I find when I don't obsess I don't binge eat. I really think it's an anxiety/OCD type issue. Not binge eating might be the single biggest thing. Or if I do, it's a small binge. Makes a big difference.
Tigs (wearing jeans she couldn't fit in for a year!)
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Respond to this message
Return to Index