*** 1077 ***

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Home  

1077 Seals Kit ?

May 13 2009 at 7:14 PM
Alan  (Login Airgun-Al)
from IP address 98.215.203.102

My 10 year old just blew a seal! I put a new CO2 in it, and it just simply spews out of the barrel and breach. Tried a 2nd CO2, and same thing. Anyone know whats wrong? Where to get parts? Any advice would be appriciated.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login Four_Eyes)

Re: 1077 Seals Kit ?

May 14 2009, 8:07 AM 

Replacing the seal is easy. Just remove the stock from the gun. Follow the tube that holds the CO2 powerlet towards the trigger. You'll see an access hole near the trigger end.

Before you replace the seal, you could try and re-condition it first.

Thru the seal access hole, you'll see the seal. Put about 5 drops of Crosman Pellgun oil on the seal and leave the gun to stand vertically. What you want to do is soak the seal in pellgun oil. Leave it like that for a day, then try another CO2 powerlet. Depending on how badly the seal is dried up, this may or may not work. If it doesn't work, the next step is to replace the seal.

I dunno where you are, in the U.S., you can order a seal directly from Crosman at www.crosman.com.

You can also order from either of these two places (they're in Canada, but should be able to sell you a seal)

www.dlairgun.com

or

www.scopesandammo.com

You can remove the old seal by using a small screwdriver and use it to jimmy the brass retaining nut off the seal. The brass retaining nut has 2 slots. Put the tip of the screwdriver into one of those slots and turn counter-clockwise.

Once the brass nut is off, pry the old seal off, make sure you get it all in case it crumbles. The piercing pin may come out as well when you remove the old seal (the seal holds it in place). Behind the piercing pin is a filter.

To put everything back, the filter goes behind the piercing pin, the piercing pin goes in with the tip facing towards the long end of the tube, the seal goes in next (flatten it in place), then the brass retaining nut.

Screw in the brass retaining nut clockwise. Just snug it in place. You don't want to wrestle it out the next time you have to remove it.

Put the stock back on, and you should be good to go.

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login Airgun-Al)

Thank you

May 14 2009, 5:36 PM 

Four eyes, Thank you for your information. I plan on getting a new seal, maybe a kit?, and going to attempt to salvage my old 1077! Thanks again for your information.

Respond to this message   
Four_Eyes
(Login Four_Eyes)

Re: Thank you

May 14 2009, 5:52 PM 

Al, this site should come in handy. It's a disassembly guide for the 1077 ;

http://www.airgunhome.com/pages/1077disassembly.html

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login Airgun-Al)

Repaired!

May 20 2009, 1:04 PM 

Follow up :

I disassembled the 1077, and examined the seals. Everything looked fine, although I had a tiny piece of debris on the seal at the CO2 cartridge. I cleaned everything, reassembled, and all seems well again!

Its holding air again, and my chrony says 685 after shot 3.

I purchased this gun brand new from walmart, and serial number indicates a manufacture date of April of 1994. I think I purchased it sometime in 1995.

After all these years, its still a great, reliable, accurate, and very quiet rifle!

Thanks to "four eyes" for the disassembly schematic, and all your help!

Respond to this message   
Ted
(Login trimotor)

Seal fix

July 5 2009, 11:44 PM 

I have not used my 1077 in 2-3 years due to the seal problem. I tried to revive my old seal, by soaking it in crosman pelgun oil for several hours. When I put in a new powerlet it instantly spewed out all co2. Took out seal and it looked pliable and intact. It had a noticeable depression matching the end of the powerlet, the other side was flat. I turned it around and reinstalled it. Put in another powerlet and it sealed with no leaks. Now the bad, I am getting a very weak blast of c02. ( In my previous post I stated I put in a new seal, but actually turned around the original one.) I am waiting for a reply, but will try to remove filter and clean it. Any thoughts?.......

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Home  
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Crosman 1077 lovers-Its not a crime to like Crosman!