Well, I'm going to be in the minority hereFebruary 5 2012 at 11:13 AM
|BBG (Login biogal)|
Response to In the trenches...what I am doing is not working
I am not opposed to spanking but I suspect most of your responses are going to be very anti-spanking.
What I have learned from people who are very serious about discipline (and have lovely children!) is that you can never back down when a stubborn child is testing you. It's a battle of the wills. Honestly I would continue to up the ante until they comply. That's just me. You have to win. I know that's not popular with permissive parenting models which state that you should avoid battles of the will (well you can avoid them all you want but eventually, you will have to face off!) Whether you ultimately decide later that spanking is not for you, right now you have issued them a threat of leg swats and you need to carry through with it. Just my opinion. Like I said, I'm sure I'll be the only one!
Mine are too young to swat but I can see what's in my future already. They are extremely defiant and willful. I feel for you.
- I actually don't like spanking at all - BlessedThistle on Feb 5, 11:17 AM
- I understand - BBG on Feb 5, 11:21 AM
- It's enough to sting a bit. Not enough that they are not done sobbing - BlessedThistle on Feb 5, 11:30 AM
- This is good; now you've found their sweet spot! - BBG on Feb 5, 11:36 AM
- I hate to parent by what would be idle threats though - BlessedThistle on Feb 5, 11:54 AM
- I get the feeling - BBG on Feb 5, 12:22 PM
- I'd cry if I got rid of Mr Gilly and his trash truck - BlessedThistle on Feb 5, 4:54 PM
- Not so opposed to spanking, but . . . - Maggie in VA on Feb 6, 7:56 AM