Return to Index  

I have heard this from numerous people

February 13 2012 at 8:00 AM
BBG  (Login biogal)

Response to A word of caution regarding International adoption....

It's just a terrible scam. It happened to a friend of mine who adopted from Russia. She was lied to about the child's disabilities and when she arrived, the child wasn't there and she had to drive miles to get to another orphanage where she actually was.

Another cyberbuddy I used to know went to a different eastern European country (sorry, can't remember which one) to pick up their baby boy, and instead a three year old girl was sent running out into the lobby toward them crying "mama! mama!" They were stunned that the staff would do something so disgustingly evil and cruel. It was painful but they refused to take the older child and insisted on an infant. Again, they were driven miles away to a different orphanage and were offered a female infant with cleft palate and cardiac problems. They took her and made the best of the situation, but she had a lot of health problems to contend with.

This is one time when I really wish our government would intervene and put a stop to the fraud.

This message has been edited by biogal on Feb 13, 2012 8:05 AM

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement