Return to Index  

don't try to be super mom

February 28 2012 at 2:09 PM
JM  (Login JoyfulMother)

Response to C-section questions for twin moms

right off the bat and have your twins room in with you the minute you come out of surgery. it's what I did and we realized (after) that we were completely nuts. even with dh's help and another relative we were so wore out we all about had break downs. I couldn't even get out of bed the first day or so, so was little I could do anyway, other than BF. allow the babies to stay in the nursery at least during the nights so you can get some sleep. seriously, I wish we would have been more informed, that we could have done that. at our hospital they kind of just let us 'do it all' as far as baby care, saying they 'prefer' and 'encourage' rooming in. well yeah, great if I could have at least walked somewhat better! assuming that is, your babes do not end up in nicu, which you never know, you might go another month just fine.

if you are on heparin at all, be prepared for a possible all body rash that is miserable. I was shocked at how bad a rash I got, and my OB nurse later told me they see that happen a lot with Lovenox, switch to heparin before delivery patients. it was so bad they had to put me on Benadryl (sp?). bring along anti-itch ointment, like an allergy ointment and neosprin as well, you will need it. also have a maternity, belly belt on hand, even if it appears it will never fit you again. I thought sure I would have to return the one I bought that it would never fit around my middle again, yet you shrink down faster than you might guess and that belt will help a lot.

don't be surprised if you don't remember much (drugs wearing off), or if the first couple of days seem foggy. their are parts I cannot remember. make sure your dh videos as much as he can.

GL, JM

PS. oh and I will add, I found that a c-section, all told, was a snap! couple of weeks post I really felt like I could have done it again right away. seriously, knowing how easy it was I don't think I would chose to tangle with a vaginal delivery if we get pg again and doc gives me a choice. I healed fast and well, oh and was planned, at 37 weeks, I was huge and miserable at the end and babies were plenty big, so went to C-S a little early.

This message has been edited by JoyfulMother on Feb 28, 2012 2:14 PM

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement