Potty training advice pleaseMarch 8 2012 at 10:04 AM
|BBG (Login biogal)|
I specifically would like tips on dealing with twins potty training at the same time. I didn't put "twins" in the message title for obvious reasons just for the time being. Maybe it would be sensitive to not use "twins" in your response title either.
I have the potty seats - Baby Bjorn - and I got two of them. I have the boys sit on them with their clothes on (bad idea?) while I go to the potty and they mimic me. But so far we have not attempted a real potty sit.
They were outside diaperless a few days ago (a flukey, freakish warm spring day here) and when they peed, I would quickly point out that this is what they were doing, "going pee." Now BA will point to his diaper when he has peed and also will occasionally point to his diaper when he has a poopy. HG is oblivious to pee and poop, though.
If you have book recommendations that would be great, and are there any twin specific potty training books? I find this to be very daunting and am just not at all sure how to begin. We have laminate flooring which is very intolerant of moisture, so you are supposed to clean up wet spots immediately or damage will be done. Not that I would deliberately leave pee puddles anywhere but I'm feeling some trepidation about having them run naked! I know that's unavoidable though, it just has to be done.
- A couple of tips - Pinkduck on Mar 8, 10:17 AM
- Great tips, PD, more ? if you don't mind - BBG on Mar 8, 10:31 AM
- Quick response - Pinkduck on Mar 8, 10:39 AM
- LOL about the M&Ms! - BBG on Mar 8, 10:53 AM
- LOL and barge... - Meg on Mar 8, 12:11 PM
- early stepwise potty training - jkl on Mar 8, 11:40 AM
- Thanks - BBG on Mar 8, 2:35 PM
- that's how it started - jkl on Mar 9, 1:01 PM
- Not sure how old your twins are - Wendy on Mar 8, 11:40 AM
- Thanks Wendy - book recs or DVD recs? - BBG on Mar 8, 2:40 PM
- Re: Thanks Wendy - book recs or DVD recs? - Wendy on Mar 8, 10:04 PM
- Looking - JaniceFl on Mar 8, 12:56 PM
- Thanks - BBG on Mar 8, 2:41 PM
- Hi - Beachbaby on Mar 8, 7:39 PM
- Thanks so much - BBG on Mar 8, 10:18 PM
- My twins were so so easy to potty train (photos) - E&H on Mar 8, 11:20 PM
- I am still trying to let them take the lead - BlessedThistle on Mar 9, 10:37 AM
- How old are they? - BBG on Mar 9, 11:40 AM
- Yes pullups go to 4T-5T - cotton on Mar 9, 2:18 PM
- 2 1/2 and J is 34 lbs and S is 28 lbs, sizes 5 and 4 dipes and no - BlessedThistle on Mar 9, 2:40 PM
- Update: I told them about the bag of surprises and J was DETERMINED to pee before bedtime - BlessedThistle on Mar 9, 7:49 PM