Foolishly never expected it!!! the 'Nana?' comment..April 3 2012 at 11:57 PM
|lauranz (Login phoebegrace)|
I can honestly say I never expected or prepared for anyone to think I was Silvi's grandmother. DH a grandad maybe but me, never.
Today at the supermarket checkout the operator was cooing over S and asking questions about her and said "Nana, is it?" to me, TWICE I was so confused I asked her to repeat herself...
I just turned 43 and look about 35 I think....
It was very unsettling!
I laughed it off but came home and stewed up a nice big blechy mood.
- You've got to be kidding! - emilyr99 on Apr 4, 12:56 AM
- It hasn't happened to me yet but... - thesameboat on Apr 4, 1:29 AM
- Its not funny, the poor girl - E&H on Apr 4, 4:45 AM
- Re: Its not funny, the poor girl - minttea on Apr 4, 9:32 AM
- Hilarious! Nicely said! nt - Emilyr99 on Apr 4, 10:29 PM
- Was the checkout girl young? I am finding that - Kara on Apr 4, 6:34 AM
- Our nanny . . . - Maggie in VA on Apr 4, 6:56 AM
- Oh, that's so silly! - BBG on Apr 4, 7:51 AM
- You know, that's what I think, too . . . - Maggie in VA on Apr 4, 10:34 AM
- Veering onto a related topic here - BBG on Apr 4, 11:19 AM
- okay, so I probably only look 35 on a good day with the light behind me, LOL - lauranz on Apr 5, 12:34 AM
- oh heck - THK on Apr 5, 5:16 AM
- I am surprised! - Pandora on Apr 5, 5:46 PM
- It does not actually bother me - BlessedThistle on Apr 5, 6:49 PM
- That's my goal . . . - Maggie in VA on Apr 6, 1:27 PM
- people don't think - Anonymous on Apr 5, 8:09 PM